Cox Communications is looking for a Security Architect who will report to the Manager, Security Architecture and Privacy. This individual will enable key business initiatives by partnering with cross-functional project teams and providing guidance on security and privacy requirements. The Security Architect is involved with a product from concept to completion and will ensure that the architecture supports the goals of the business and aligns with security and privacy standards. This individual will also assist with governance of security and privacy requirements and standards including identification of new security solutions to improve product delivery.
Successful candidates will demonstrate strong business acumen and possess a blend of general business, technology and security competencies. Specifically, this individual will have a versatile background, critical thinking and analytical capabilities, as well as a proven ability to bridge organizational boundaries to implement security controls and risk mitigation strategies.
Primary Responsibilities / Tasks:
* Promotes security and privacy by design through effective partnership with product, strategy and engineering teams.
* Works closely with product teams to fully understand business priorities.
* Ensures products are secure through participation in all phases of development, from requirements gathering to design, then implementation, followed by verification testing.
* Provide security and privacy design, implementation and testing guidance to product teams.
* Works with product and engineering teams to review, manage, and track security vulnerabilities, remediation efforts, and ongoing vulnerability testing.
* Lead cost-risk tradeoff discussions with the product teams, helping to decide how important and at what increased cost each security requirement/functionality can be justifiably added in the product.
* Negotiates security deliverables and requirements with product teams and vendors.
* Identifies security trends and changes and relates those changes to current and future needs of the product teams.
* Identifies opportunities for improving security and privacy operations, solutions, and services then works with the team to drive change.
* 2+ years of experience working in security architecture, operations, design, or development across multiple security domains.
* Working knowledge of application architecture including security best practices.
* Working knowledge of network security concepts including firewalls, IDS/IPS, and WAFs.
* Working knowledge of encryption concepts and implementation methods.
* Working knowledge of Identity and Access Management concepts and technologies.
* BS/BA in a related discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, etc.); and/or 5 years of experience in related field.
* Experience with cloud security solutions including AWS, GCP, and/or Azure.
* Experience with container security solutions.
* Big four consulting background or Fortune 500 company experience.
* Telecom/Cable industry experience.
* At least one relevant industry certification - CISSP, CISM, CISA
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.