ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Position Duties and Scope:
The Engineer will coordinate, develop, evaluate, implement, and administer technical aspects of the infrastructure with primary focus on cybersecurity and other supporting elements. Responsibilities include ensuring that proper IT security and other requisite compliance/controls are applied to the technology systems in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards.
- Work with regional IT leaders and staff to identify, understand and plan security measures, controls, and procedures. This includes related areas such as patching, Office 365 alert setup and actioning, anti-virus, backups, and system administration.
- Work closely with the appropriate IT Operations staff on the implementation of components such as intrusion detection/prevention, data leakage prevention, content filtering, firewall compliance, vulnerability, and security event management.
- Administer network, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Actively monitor security alerts and reports; monitor systems and networks for potential intrusion and inappropriate internal and external access.
- Work with assigned internal IT staff and MSSP staff to analyze security breaches; contain, eradicate, recover, determine root cause, develop corrective action plans, and remediate. Manage remediation plans toward closure.
- Assist in preparing security incident reports.
- Play a lead role in security audits.
- Review, update, and manage the documentation, testing and validation of security controls.
- Coordinate security plans with outside vendors.
- Work with the IT Operations Director responsible for cybersecurity to create and provide security status reports to the CIO and Chief Risk and Compliance Officer.
- Provide guidance and support for the Service Desk and IT Support staff in the handling of security related issues.
- Assist in delivering training and awareness programs on security policies and protocols.
- Stay up to date on the latest intelligence, including hackers' methodologies, to anticipate security breaches.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of IT services.
Occupational Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to ALS requirements for health and safety.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related filed is preferred.
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, …
- 5-9 years' experience with cyber security and audit in an international organization.
- Strong working knowledge of cyber security and security technology including perimeter systems, endpoint protection, backup, archiving and reporting tools.
- Experience with Forensics - investigation and analysis of how and why a breach or other compromise occurred.
- Specific knowledge of security compliance and frameworks such as ISO/IEC: 27002 and NCSF.
- Knowledge of and experience in the following:
- DLP, AV and anti-malware - an understanding of the tools used to protect the organization.
- Endpoint protection technologies and techniques.
- IDS/IPS systems, SIEM tools and network scanners.
- Logging tools.
- Firewalls and intrusion detection.
- TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching - an understanding of the fundamentals: the language, protocol and functioning of the internet.
- Access control methodologies (MAC, DAC, RBAC).
- Troubleshooting - the skill to recognize the cause of a problem.
- Understanding risk profiles and mitigation strategies.
- Experience developing and documenting policy and procedures for information security and service continuity.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation), interpersonal, and consultative skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
- Capable of meeting deadlines and budgets.
- Active participation in relevant industry and professional associations.
- Ability to grow with the needs of the organization and the executive team. Occasional out of hours work to meet business needs.
- Successful applicant will be required to undergo a security background check with a clean result.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster