Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Cyber Security Analyst joining our team to support Government activities in Chantilly, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Cyber Security Analyst supporting the customer, you will be trusted to execute multi-faced programs that support dynamic mission sets. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Analyzing IP network traffic for CI issues as it relates to security, technical & operational vulnerabilities, and risk
- Conducting network and networking technology assessments and developing reports based on findings
- Providing insight into the latest threats and countermeasures
- Evaluating network operations using network management platforms, auditing functions, and log reviews
- Providing recommendations for end-to-end technical analysis
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant technology
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience or relevant combination of education and experience.
- Experience working on TCP/IP networking projects and demonstrated experience with cyber security and/or network security principles
- Experience with troubleshooting and investigating issues associated with IP network products, including routers, switches, wireless networking, VPNs, IDS/IPS, firewalls, and IOT appliances
- Demonstrated experience with communications protocols such as IP, TCP, UDP, MPLS, OPSF, IGRP, BGP
- Knowledge of and experience with encryption products, methodologies, and configuration
- Knowledge of and experience with network packet capture appliances/applications such as Netwitness, Solera, Probe, Wireshark, and Snort
- Experience with network vulnerability scanner, web scanner, and database scanner such as Nessus, WebInspect, and AppDetective
- Experience with network management products such as HP OpenView and Solarwind
- Experience with anonymous/privacy internet capabilities and supporting network architecture
- Experience with Splunk
- Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Experience with telephony systems and VoIP
- Experience with Windows Server (2008R2/2012R2), Windows Workstation (7/8.1), Linux (Redhat/Debian), and OSX operating systems
- Experience interfacing with vendors and third party producers
- One or more relevant certifications: CEH, CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Juniper NCSP, Juniper NCP, RHCSS, Amazon Cloud Service or similar cloud certification
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer's ability to effectively execute its mission.
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.