Effective October 11, 2021, all current and newly hired IDA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have been granted a medical or religious exemption. Individuals who accept employment with IDA will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated or receive approval for a medical or religious accommodation prior to starting employment. Overview:
Cyber Security Analyst I investigates computer and information security incidents to determine and resolve potential breaches and vulnerabilities; uses and maintains information security tools necessary to ensure the secure operation of IDA's information system infrastructure; conducts compliance audits, in collaboration with other IT staff, that ensure compliance with information security policies and guidelines. #ITatIDA Responsibilities:
Executes Information Security Monitoring
- Monitors and analyzes information security alerts from network devices and information systems
- Responds and/or directs the response to information security incidents
- Analyzes indicators of compromise for use in detection
- Reports risk posture of information systems
- Collaborates with industry and government sponsors on new threat indicators
Supports Media Forensics and Malware Analysis
- Forensic analysis of information systems and portable devices
- Forensic recovery of data using industry tools
- Behavioral analysis of malware to provide indicators for monitoring
Executes Information System Security Evaluation and Hardening
- Evaluates new information security technologies
- Configures and implement information security technologies
- Validates system hardening and provides guidance for security configuration
- Evaluates network and system security configuration for risk based access control
Supports Information Security Training and Projects
- Develops employee awareness training for relevant information security trends
- Evaluates information security trends, tools and techniques for potential application to infrastructure and research areas
- Manages and/or contributes to information technology projects
Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer security, or related discipline and one year of experience in Information Technology; OR, three years of experience in Information Technology in lieu of a relevant degree.
- Possesses or ability to obtain within six months an information security certification commensurate with DoD Instruction 8570.
- Familiarity with vulnerability scanners, monitoring, auditing and intrusion detection systems, and forensic response preferred.
- Familiarity with notification of Internet threats, alerts, vulnerabilities, and anti-virus software preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of employees.
Successful completion of a criminal background check is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
IDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a fair recruiting process and working environment free from discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more about IDA's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. - provided by Dice