Cyber Security Analyst / Engineer - ICS / OT
Currently Remote - West London based Office (restriction dependant)
Fixed Term Contract & Day Rate Contract Option Available - INSIDE IR35
Our client is at the cutting edge of a major Transport / Infrastructure project and they are continuing to develop, diversify and grow the Cyber Security culture and capability, continuing to protect the systems and services they are delivering.
The role of Cyber Security Analyst / Engineer is a technical role reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer. In this role you will provide comprehensive advisory, technical and consultancy services in relation to the protection of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and Operational Technology (OT).
The ideal candidate would have experience working with control systems or in a related industrial field and be able to demonstrate their ability to rise to new challenges through continuous professional development.
You will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be looking to develop you career in cyber security. Prior experience in cyber security would be advantageous but is not essential. Successful candidates will receive a combination of formal and on-the-job training to develop their cyber security skillset.
• Developing a cyber security culture and capabilities within the delivery and engineering teams.
• Supporting programmes and projects deliver secure solutions.
• Reviewing and collaborating on the development of technical designs and architecture to assure delivery of solutions that align with the cyber security policies and standards.
Developing security standards and architectural patterns to facilitate a consistent approach to the secure design of ICS/OT systems.
• Supporting and developing incident response capability within ICS/OT environments.
• Supporting internal stakeholders in assessing, understanding and managing cyber security risk within existing ICS/OT environments.
• Continuous improvement of CSIRT's internal processes and tools.
• Provide cyber security support ensuring that technical standards are being applied through critical examination of contractor's assurance evidence submissions.
•• Provide technical advice to project teams within area of expertise.
• Contribute to successful system integration through involvement of relevant disciplines and parties.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Substantial ICS/OT experience, both hands on and from a design perspective (e.g. PLCs, HMIs, SCADA & DCS, Industrial Networking and Telecommunications)
• Experience operating in time critical, complex, interconnected technical environments
• Experience creating and reviewing engineering designs and enhancing solutions against company standards
• A working understanding of telecommunications and IP networking in an IT or OT environment
• Experience configuring and administering Windows systems
• Highly effective written and verbal communications skills, employing appropriate methods of persuasion when soliciting agreement and demonstrating both empathy and assertiveness when communicating a need or defending a position
• Relevant analytical thinking skills, identifying many possible causes for a problem based on prior experience and current research
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Experience configuring and administering Linux, UNIX, or real-time operating systems
• Experience working with safety-rated control systems
• Applied and theoretical knowledge of cyber security industry standards such as NIST 800-82, CIS Critical Security Controls, and ISA99/IEC62443
• Experience working with different security technologies
• An understanding of cyber security threats and common vulnerabilities within ICS/OT environments
• Experience conducting cyber security risk assessments on complex interconnected systems
• A bachelor's or above degree in science, engineering, or a related field...... click apply for full job details