• Strong understanding of security technologies, including but not limited to: firewall, IDS, policy management, security processes, logging/monitoring, antivirus, vulnerability assessment, patch management, and incident response.
• Solid understanding of common and emerging attack vectors.
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP network and information systems ports, protocols, and services.
• Experience in automating repeatable tasks by leveraging common scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, bash, etc.).
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA), GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC), or other information security certifications. A federally recognized information security certification must be obtained within six months of hire.
• Proven ability to work with diverse audiences and translate technical information into non-technical information.
• Ability to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations which require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, as part of a team of peers, and also to support and contribute to a multidiscipline team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, convey both oral and written instruction, and handle multiple task interruptions.
• Ability to research and recommend solutions to enhance incident response and digital forensics capabilities.
Must Have-Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor