SNI Technology is seeking a skilled Cyber Security Analyst for a permanent opportunity in Northern, VA. Responsibilities will include: network security analysis, monitoring and incident response, as well as maintenance and configuration of network security tools. Security Analysts work with the latest technologies to detect, analyze, and limit intrusions and security events.
* Perform network security monitoring and incident response for a DOD customer
* Record and report incidents to the customer
* Maintain records of security monitoring and incident response activities
* Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
* Create, modify, and update IDS, IPS, and SIEM rules
* Recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
* Evaluate and deconstruct malware
* Analyze large sets of data in order to discover indications of compromise
* Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls
* Creates and maintains Standard Operating Procedures
* Consolidate and conduct comprehensive analysis of threat data
* Bachelor degree in IT related discipline or equivalent experience.
* 3+ years of Information Technology experience.
* 1+ years of experience of full-time information security related experience.
* Working knowledge of application & infrastructure security solutions (Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Network Security, Password Management, Data Encryption, and Access Control).
* Secret or Top Secret Clearance
* Ability to prioritize competing work assignments and initiative to complete tasks.
* Experience with vulnerability testing.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* CEH, OSCP, OSCE, GIAC GCIA, GSEC, Security+ or other security certifications preferred.