The analyst performs monitoring, research, assessment and analysis on intrusion detection and prevention tools, as well as, anomaly detection systems, firewalls, antivirus systems, and proxy devices (ArcSight, Arbor PeakFlow, Palo Alto Networks, etc.) which requires demonstrable security incident response experience.
- Follow pre-defined actions to handle BAU and High severity issues including escalating to other support groups. Execute daily ad hoc tasks or lead small projects as needed.
- Create and maintain operational reports for Key Performance Indicators and weekly and monthly metrics.
- Perform assessment as well as troubleshooting to help isolate issues with IDS/IPS sensors, antivirus servers, and vulnerability scanners.
- Participate in daily and ad hoc conference calls and quality assurance and documentation related tasks.
- Identify areas for tuning use cases or signatures to enhance monitoring value.
- 4+ years working in the security & operations fields.
- Ability to professionally communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent knowledge of Intrusion Detection analysis (deep TCP/IP knowledge, and cyber security), various operating systems (Windows/UNIX), and web technologies (focusing on Internet security).
- Ability to read and understand packet level data, Network Security Products (IDS/IPS, firewalls, etc.) and Host Security Products (HIPS, AV, VA scanners, etc.).
- Knowledge of cutting edge threats, vulnerabilities, and recent cyber-attacks.
- Experience with vulnerability assessment as well as penetration testing or forensic analysis fields is a plus
- Familiarity with cloud security techniques and technologies is preferred plus.
- Certifications from EC-Council, GIAC, (ISC)² are preferred [CISSP, C|EH, GCIA, CCNA].
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call -3411 or email .com for other accommodation options.