Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular
The Cyber Monitoring Analyst responsibilities include:
• Support monitoring of all Information Assurance Devices (IADs) to identify and document all intrusions and attempted intrusions.
• Populate and maintain an intrusions database, and provide data analysis support; analyze data from sensors, network security devices and applications using the security information event management systems, log servers, application interfaces and device consoles provided.
• Document of evidence of system security compromise, generate of trend reports, and collect evidence of malicious or anomalous activity.
• Report security incidents and/or network intrusions to Incident Handlers for dissemination to appropriate DOT points of contacts.
• Identify anomalous and malicious activity.
• Contribute to content creation, prioritize, rank and escalated incidents.
• Provide support in the detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks.
• Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies used in cyber security operations.
• Assist in producing status reports and briefs to senior leadership; provide analysis for correlated information sources.
• Provide liaison to other agency cyber threat analysis entities such as intra-agency and inter- agency Cyber Threat Working Groups.
• Analyze and report cyber threats as well as assist in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating and analyzing computer network intrusions.
• Cyber Monitoring Analysts must provide recommendations based on best practice and experience to develop processes that will enhance efficiencies needed to perform the above.
• Any other duties as requested by the Contracting Officer Representative and SOC management.
Qualities/Additional info: Associate Monitoring Analysts provide coverage five (5) days a week, including Federal government holidays.
Under all risk levels, the backfill of absent Associate Monitoring Analysts are required for all periods of scheduled and unscheduled leave. At the direction of the COR, the Contractor may be required to move personnel shifts in order to support demanding workloads, especially during core business hours.
Associate Monitoring Analysts should be proven team players with excellent oral and written communications skills. Associate Monitoring Analysts should also be a self-starter, capable of working projects cradle-to-grave, independently if necessary. Frequent interaction with government client is required.
Required Secret Clearance
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.