My client is a well-established, blue chip financial services provider based in the UK. With a rich history, they have an impeccable reputation for the quality of services they deliver. With offices throughout the UK, they are now looking to strengthen the team at their Head Office in County Durham. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Cyber Security Analyst to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting time to join an established, passionate team that are constantly striving to improve their capabilities and services for the business.
Supporting, improving, and developing the business security. Will support the operations, providing threat detection and response capability before, during and after cyber-attack, for stakeholders to understand and proactively manage risk across the technology, throughout the business.
· Respond to suspicious activities immediately
· Monitor security access and report suspicious activity to a higher level
· Regular security assessments to help identify vulnerabilities
· Analyse adverse effects of a breach to safeguard against impacts and advise on modifications to help improve security controls against future attacks
· Gather evidence of the breach to the root cause and analyse the threat data from all sources to generate real time threat intelligence
· Using analytical tools, conduct analysis to assess threat, risk and harm and make recommendations in support of decision making, prioritisation and resource allocation
· Keeping security systems up to date in line with security initiatives
· Document all incidents to enable the team to create security initiatives
· Managing incident response, containing the attack and supporting the restoration of normal operations
- Passion and enthusiasm for Cyber Security.
- An undergraduate or higher degree in computing with a strong security component, Digital Security and Forensics.
- Experience of working in a high-performance SOC team in a multinational or cyber-security focused organization.
- Experience with an enterprise-grade SIEM platform (e.g. LogRhythm, Splunk, AlienVault, ArcSight, QRadar, Elasticsearch).
- Experience in Security Event analysis & triage, incident handling and root-cause identification.
- Specialty in one or more of the following Information Security domains: Cyber Intelligence Analysis, Threat Monitoring, Incident Response, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Malware Analysis, Computer Forensics, Endpoint Protection, Network Security, Infrastructure Security, Application Security, Platform Security, Identity & Access Management and Vulnerability Scanning
- Experience with Red Blue team engagements.
- Excellent team-working skills
- A desire to keep learning, extending your skills and pushing the boundaries of your knowledge.
- Previous IT Security / Engineering experience is required.
- Must have be able to demonstrate an understanding of computer intrusion activities, incident response techniques & procedures.
- Experience of the following Security Solutions:
- Vulnerability Assessment.
- Endpoint Detection & response
- Email Security
- AV / Anti Malware
- Good working knowledge of:
- Networking technologies including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP & SMTP.
- Windows & Linux operating systems
- Server Virtualisation
- Have excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ancillary activities that you would be involved in may include providing security-related assistance to internal staff members, running and interpreting the results of vulnerability scans for Technical Security team and applying commonly used information security standards with respect to the systems being used in the SOC (e.g. ISO 27001, SOC2)
What's On Offer:
· £44,000 per annum (Salary dependent on qualification and /or experience)
· Annual bonus plan
· 36 days annual leave, including Bank Holidays
· Excellent pension contribution scheme
· Opportunities for training and development
· Genuine career progression
· Amazing working environment
· Onsite canteen
· Onsite parking
· Walking distance to local shops and café's
Please contact Tom Wiper, Director Viking Talent Ltd on for a confidential discussion...... click apply for full job details