Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is seeking a highly motivated candidate for a Cyber RF Research Engineer position. The candidate will develop next generation cyberspace and electromagnetic warfare capabilities and systems. Development of these new technologies exist at the intersection of a variety of technical areas and applications. Technologies include autonomous cyberspace frameworks, RF signal processing, vulnerability research, and machine learning for applications in high-power microwave, electromagnetic warfare, radar systems, and other critical Department of Defense and Intelligence Community missions.
BBN solves challenging problems of high importance to our customers in the Department of Defense, the Intelligence Community, and Industry by rapidly prototyping systems for sensing complex physical phenomena and producing high-value, actionable information from the sensed data. Our team specializes in developing next-generation cyber-physical/RF system technologies by combining a fundamental understanding of complex electromagnetic interactions upon electronic systems, with a deep expertise in analysis, signal processing, optimization, and machine learning. What will you do?
- Work as a member of a small, focused team to develop, implement, and test new applications and prototype systems
- Develop and apply advanced algorithms and frameworks to characterize target systems
What will you need?
- Participate in laboratory and field tests to collect and analyze data, test new capabilities, and perform demonstrations
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME / BENEFICIAL
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- MS, or BS with 2 years of relevant experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and R&D techniques from a variety of technical specialties for complex and difficult problems
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python/MATLAB
- Executes responsibilities with minimal review or supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Position may require some amount of overnight travel
- Active Secret or Top Secret security clearance (TS/SCI preferred)
- Experience working on technical teams on advanced R&D programs (e.g., DARPA, IARPA, AFRL, ONR research projects)
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Software-defined radio
- Signal processing
- Embedded systems or firmware analysis
- Software development lifecycle
- Statistical modeling and/or deep learning
- FPGA development using Verilog or VHDL
Raytheon BBN is proud to offer a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, and competitive benefits package. In addition to protecting your and your family's health and well-being, we also offer important financial and family friendly benefits to meet your needs.
Our Work/Life benefits include - Paid Parental Leave - Adoption Assistance - Auto and Home Insurance - Child/Elder Back Up Care - College Coach - Retirement Planning Services - Flexible Work Arrangements - Legal Services - LifeResources - Employee Discount Program - Educational Assistance - Transportation Benefits - and Wellness Reward This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.