This position is responsible for the management of data center responsibility within an assigned area, and the oversight of all critical infrastructure engineers (CIE) and critical infrastructure mangers (CIM1) in that given area. Responsibilities include technical leadership, training, and regular face-to-face interaction with all CIE's and CIM's. The CIM2 will ensure the execution of process and procedures, standardization of work flow, and ensure audit consistency across the market.
Key Responsibilities And Essential Job Functions
* 24x7 facility on-call responsibility.
* Mentor critical infrastructure engineers on data center best practices
* Implement and follow company's policies and procedures
* Read and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, project plans and other technical
* Drive change toward operational excellence goals. identify constraints and propose solutions
* oversee disaster recovery "dry run" exercises
* Oversee, the installation of power for customer orders and other electrical modifications as assigned while maintaining a safe work environment
* Maintain data center documentation as assigned, i.e., Run Books, layouts, and diagrams.
* Assist with off-hours and weekend maintenance activities when required.
* Prepare reports on facility performance.
* Prepare reports on customer utilization including space and power.
* Able to create detailed Method of Procedures (MOPs) for all maintenance and operational aspects of the center.
* Able to create detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all facility related equipment operations
* Maintain the data center in the best possible and aesthetic condition
* provide data center training and development of training material for tac staff
* Perform daily rounds of the facility to ensure proper equipment operation
* Conduct data center tours with customers and prospects
* Configure monitoring/alerting of facility equipment
* Perform other duties as required and assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in facilities related field or equivalent experience required
* 5+ years of mission critical data center facility management with direct reports
* Knowledge of construction
* Knowledge of AC and DC power fundamentals.
* Ability to analyze and identify issues negatively impacting facility operations.
* Operational/working knowledge of HVAC theory, repair maintenance and operations
* Proficient using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
* AutoCAD and/or MS Visio experience preferred.
* Strong troubleshooting / decision making skills required.
* Strong communication skills (oral and written).
* Ability to be on-call and respond to emergency situations 24x7x365
* Knowledge of data center critical infrastructure components preferred
* Team player, desiring to be part of a high-performance team with dynamic responsibilities
* Ability to lift 50 pounds over head and work from a ladder
Base Pay Range: Annualized salary range offered for this position is estimated to be 90,000k/yr. - 120,000k/yr. however, the actual pay range depends each candidate's experience, qualifications, and job location.
Variable Pay: Discretionary annual bonus, based on personal and company performance.
Benefits of working at Flexential:
* Medical, Telehealth, Dental and Vision
* Health Savings Accounts (HAS) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
* Life and AD&D
* Short Term and Long Term disability
* Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Leave of Absence
* Employee Assistance Program
* Wellness Program
* Rewards and Recognition Program
Benefits are subject to change at the Company's discretion