Consulting Practice Manager, Data & AI
St Louis, MO, US Plano, TX, US
Requisition Number: 77852
The Digital Innovation team at Insight is seeking a passionate Consulting Practice Manager with expertise in cloud data architecture to join our team. With past experience as a Data Architect, you'll hit the ground running with the ability to lead the design and development of complex, modern data solutions for customers leveraging AI, machine learning, IoT edge, and the cloud. As Practice Manager, you will also lead the recruitment and professional growth of a world-class team of full-time architects and engineers for the south central region.
At Insight, you will work closely with clients and lead our Data & AI team in delivering high impact projects, solving organizations problems through next-generation solutions in Modern Data Warehousing, Advanced Analytics, and Big Data.
What we look for
* Multi-task. You will manage the consulting activities of the Architects and Engineers, while constantly helping to grow the market, drive sales and solutions to customers. This includes but is not limited to maintaining P&Ls, achieving utilization targets, establishing staff & project forecasting, and other operational functions as part of your day to day workload.
* Be a Leader. You will oversee the day to day operations of the South Central region of our Digital Innovation team and will be a technical leader of large and complex services accounts. The decisions you and your team make will impact profitability, scope attainment, and/or client satisfaction. Our people are our critical asset and you will drive recruiting and hiring activities for the practice area.
* Be Client Focused. You will hold internal and client-facing meetings, monthly updates, and quarterly meetings that report on performance, issues, and continuous improvement. To ensure client satisfaction you will work closely with the sales team to discuss business development, review current opportunities, and execute strategy.
* Experience architecting Modern Data Warehousing solutions in the cloud, preferably Azure
* 8+ years of experience specializing in data solutions:
* Spark / Databricks
* Data Lake
* Data Warehouse
* Semantic Models
* ETL techniques
* Visualization (Power BI, Tableau)
* Knowledge of Azure PaaS and IaaS, preferred
* Experience with merging traditional data warehouse modeling with newer cloud data technologies
* General understanding of data science techniques
* Experience building and deploying solutions to the Cloud (preferably Azure, though we will consider AWS and/or GCP experience)
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to use non-functional language when engaging with clients
What can Insight offer?
You'll join a team of proven Engineers/Architects who have a demonstrated understanding of software development and data warehousing principles. The team is curious and encouraging, ensuring you continue developing your skills, helping others achieve their goals, and working consistently to support our clients. You'll also receive great benefits like flexible vacation, 401k matching, training resources, career advancement opportunities, and a quarterly bonus program. As an innovation and transformation consultancy, Insight's Digital Innovation division believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world. If you share in our values of hunger, heart, and harmony and are looking for a place that will offer opportunities to grow, consider joining our team!
Ready to join? Discover more at insight.com…or just APPLY!
Insight Enterprises, Inc. is a Fortune 500-ranked global super solutions provider of digital innovation, cloud and data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions. We help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter.
* Global provider of Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations of all sizes
* Microsoft Global Partner of the Year for AI, IoT, Open Source Solutions, Mobile Apps, & Modern
* Desktop; Microsoft US Partner of the Year for DevOps
* Fortune Top 100 Best Companies for Diversity
* Fortune Top 50 Best Workplaces in Technology
* Winner of several "Best Places to Work" awards
* 30+ years in business, 11,000+ teammates worldwide, and $7 billion in revenue in 2019
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Compensation is determined by experience, skills, and fair market value: $150,000 to $175,000 plus a bonus program. Candidates outside of this provided compensation range will be considered. The position (or opportunity) described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, read below link:
Job Segment: Consultant, Consulting, Database, Data Management, Technology, Contract, Data