SAIC is seeking a senior principal Radio Frequency (RF) or communications systems engineer and acquisition professional to provide systems engineering and technical support to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center, Space Programs Directorate (SMC/SP). SMC/SP equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space- superiority capabilities of the highest national priority. The position requires an individual expertise in technical programs, technical program management, and RF or communications systems engineering of large scale space and ground systems and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team skills. In addition, the candidate will be expected to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs. The position is based in El Segundo, CA. Qualified applicants must possess as active TS/SCI clearance.
- Perform technical support and independent risk assessment and evaluation of program management execution, technical review execution (DoD 5000.02 framework), and systems engineering.
- Assess viability from a programmatic and technical execution perspective.
- Monitor RF and signal processing design and development and provide independent assessments, recommend system improvements and efficiencies.
- Review and assess design and supporting analysis.
- Support space system and communications system design engineering.
- Perform systems engineering for space systems. Be able to evaluate design solutions and assess architecture analysis.
- Develop and review technical requirements, evaluating technical proposals, review and assess software engineering and algorithm development, and CONOPS development.
- Translate technical requirements into work packages, evaluating technical proposals, manage modeling and simulation activities, and schedule management to deliver an end product.
- Provide technical and acquisition support to Government and contractor milestone reviews to assess progress, issues, and meeting mission requirements traceability.
- Ensure program level documentation is aligned with Directorate and higher headquarters guidance for program planning and execution.
- Develop and evaluate program level documentation for SMC/SP assigned programs in support of Directorate leadership.
- Engage and coordinate with SMC Center Staff, HQ AFSPC, and HQ USAF on behalf of Directorate leadership to resolve documentation issues in line with Directorate commander's intent and priorities.
- Provide leadership advice on: acquisition strategies for next-generation systems; program execution issues and recommendations; strategic messaging to key operational and acquisition government, industry, and media stakeholders.
- Working location: Position is co-located with Air Force Customer in El Segundo, CA.
- Bachelors Degree and minimum of fourteen (14) years of related experience; Masters Degree and minimum of twelve (12) years of related experience; PhD and minimum of nine (9) years of related experience
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance and be willing to sit for a Polygraph
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom . For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability