RapidScale, a COX Business Company, is one of the fastest growing Cloud Computing companies in the industry. Based in Irvine, CA, the company has a solid track record of delivering world class products and services to our customers located throughout the country and around the globe. RapidScale is seen as a leader in desktop virtualization with marked success in application virtualization. The company also provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solutions via an enterprise "Flex Pod" cloud stack.
* Duties and Responsibilities: (Essential Duties include but are not limited to):
* Maintain multiple customer environments.
* Work 40+ hours a week. (Support is 365/24x7)
* Update and Manage case backlog based on internal policies.
* Crisis Management - Identify any high priority issues, escalate to next level, and run incident management process.
* Provide a Customer-First experience while utilizing phones and email to manage cases.
* Work cohesively with team as well as all divisions of company. Customer-first approach.
* Act as frontline and receive incoming calls from the support hotline
* Perform Level 1 troubleshooting on live calls and create cases with complete problem description and customer details
* Resolve P3 & P4 monitoring alerts using detailed process guidelines
* Resolve basic customer requests such as adding or deleting users using detailed process guidelines
* Update cases with Technology, Sub-technology and Problem code to facilitate proper queue routing.
* Be able to listen to, accept, and follow direction from more senior engineers.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE & OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary for an individual to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are provided.
Educational & Soft Skills Requirements:
* Excellent communication, presentation, and writing abilities.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Flexibility to work alternative days and shifts as needed.
* Days Example: Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday - Thursday.
* Shifts Example: Day, Evening, Night
* Preferred MSP experience.
* Minimum Technical Qualifications:
* Proficiency in computer usage, internet, and Microsoft Office suite of applications.
* Basic Networking (Ping, Trace Route, Gateway, DNS, Subnet, IP Address, MAC Address)
* Basic Active Directory
* Basic Troubleshooting Fundamentals
* Basic understanding of what the Cloud is
* Basic understanding of what Virtualization is
* Basic understanding of how technology interacts (ex: how does AD effect logging into a computer if there's no network)
Desired Technical Qualifications:
* One of the following: Associates Degree, 2 years of Technical College or 2-3 years of related work experience
* Advanced knowledge in Active Directory
* Advanced knowledge in Networking
* Server Performance Monitoring
Desired Tool/Environment Experience:
* Citrix XenApp 7.x/XenDesktop
* VMWare Horizon View
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.