At Air Partner, cloud computing continues to allow us to modernise and consolidate IT infrastructure, automate workloads, and pursue next-generation innovation. To continue this transformation, we're seeking an experienced a Cloud Security & Infrastructure Engineer for our Gatwick office with expertise in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of projects in the cloud (primarily Azure). The ideal candidate is a former/current infrastructure engineer, experienced in cloud-based tech, with a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications. They must also have the ability to customise them to help our business become more secure and efficient. Extensive knowledge of cloud maintenance, experience managing staff, and advanced industry knowledge is key to keeping us on the cutting edge. This is an excellent opportunity to build a cloud environment in an innovative, creative environment. From day one, you'll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and a lasting effect on our overall growth. This is a 1 year fixed term contract initially.
You will be involved in a small amount of day-to-day management of network and infrastructure incidents, problems and change requests, at an industry 3rd Line level enabling the Technology Team to fulfil corporate service levels. These activities do include a requirement to have a good technical understanding of networking and on-premise infrastructure to manage suppliers effectively, and successfully migrate on-premise infrastructure to the cloud.
* Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
* Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to the Technology Team to build cloud competencies
* Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
* Managing cloud and on-premise environments per company security and architectural guideline
* Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for cloud solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance
* Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures
* Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
* Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity
* Provide security expertise and perform high-level technical reviews of applications and use cases that are moving to many cloud platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP).
* Build automation to actively audit the infrastructure for security misconfigurations of AWS, Azure or GCP.
* Design, develop, administer, and/or maintaining the security of cloud environments (AWS, MS Azure or GCP) with a clear passion for cloud security and cloud technologies.
* What we are looking for:
* Technical proficiency in network security knowledge, to include VPN, Firewall, network monitoring, intrusion detection, web server security, and wireless security
* Strong knowledge of common vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques
* Practical experience with database security, content filtering, vulnerability scanning, and anti-malware
* Proficiency with at least one scripting language (e.g., Perl, Python, PowerShell)
* In-depth understanding of Azure data protection and security architecture/features, including: Security Centre and Secure Score, Ddos attack mitigation, Azure Front door etc.
* Understanding of Azure serverless architecture, cloud platform services, application service environments, service fabric, Azure functions and Azure API management
* Demonstrable experience building and deploying technologies for an Azure platform
* Azure cloud certifications
* CCNP certification or equivalent understanding and troubleshooting experience of network layers, routing (BGP, OSPF), IP protocols and application behaviours
* Experience developing cloud network architecture and defining end-to-end Network as Code deployments
You will also have:
* Positive 'can-do' attitude, with the ability to learn quickly when required
* A proactive and motivated approach
* Organised and self-motivated
* Able to problem solve a variety of issues
* An excellent understanding of data and technology security
* Management and mentoring skills
* BS or MA in Computer Science, Information Security, CCIE, or a related field
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)