Infrastructure engineer - Cloud Admin
Location - Newport, OR London OR Fareham - This role could also be home based from anywhere in the UK
Salary - £29,540 - £41,890
Application Deadline - 1st October 2020
Want to play a vital role in our organisation, taking a truely user centred approach to your work?
Would you thrive in a large community of like minded creative user researchers who support and develop each other?
The ONS have adopted a cloud first strategy and have a number of parallel work streams in cloud technologies. As a result, we are looking for an experienced Cloud Administrator to join our newly formed Cloud Operations working within the IT Operations area. As a member of the team you will be responsible for the discovery, support, guidance and improvement of our journey. The role will include working with DevOps and FinOps methods to support business areas in leveraging the optimum possible service.
As part of our strategy we have a number of parallel work streams in cloud technologies, as a result, we are looking for a Cloud Administrator to join our IT Operations team and be responsible for the discovery, support, guidance and improvement of our journey. The role will include working with DevOps and FinOps methods to support business areas in leveraging the optimum possible service.
This role will involve working as part of the team to consolidate and support cloud initiatives to include the following areas:
• Identifying improvements to processes, including ways of automation.
• Management of incidents, requests, changes and problems.
• Monitor, maintain and ensure service availability.
• Centralised support and guidance for ONS cloud deployments.
• Guidance to business and technical areas on best usage and standards for cloud platforms.
• Define and maintain cloud operations policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with cloud operations policies and procedures.
• Financial monitoring of cloud usage with transparent billing.
• Awareness of service improvements and offerings from cloud suppliers and ONS user base.
• Assist in transfer of services to IT operations.
• Integration of new solutions into existing cloud services.
• Knowledge sharing between team members and other communities of practice.
More details available - for full information on the role, and to progress, please click APPLY to be taken to the CivilServiceJobs website...... click apply for full job details