Purpose of Role:
The Lowe's cloud Infrastructure team is looking for a highly-motivated cloud infrastructure and automation engineer to build application infrastructure and deploy applications in multi-cloud environments .In this role, you will use your expertise and technical skills around cloud computing & automation to design, configure, manage and deploy complex zero-downtime highly scalable application infrastructure.
As an application Infrastructure Automation Engineer you will:
- Provision and manage Infrastructure components & cloud services for application workload
- Create and configure CI/CD pipelines
- Drive automation into our infrastructure, next generation capabilities, provide mentorship and technical support to the teams, and create and maintain system documentation
- Work with application teams to migrate existing legacy applications & onboard new applications to private and public cloud environments
- Lead engineering efforts to provision application infrastructure components in multi cloud environments and deploy the applications
- Help set the direction for the various environments in partnership with the Enterprise Architects and Developer community
- Work with multiple large-scale automation projects ,including the end-to-end deployment of different platforms using Infrastructure as Code deployment
- Additionally, the position involves research, tool development and documentation for future environments
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 8 years as an Infrastructure DevOps or automation engineer
• Should have worked on setting up & troubleshooting Kubernetes Clusters in Production ready environment
• Help teams in migration from monolithic application to Microservices using containerization solutions (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Good exposure on Microservices architecture and their deployment in cloud world. (Especially GCP + Azure +Terraform)
• Worked on onboarding Microservices (Middleware/UI) components using DevOps technique & look for improvements
• Prior experience in automating CI/CD process, platform services using open source tools
• Good knowledge of Istio, Prometheus, Grafana dashboard, GCP Stack Driver
• Good in automating day to day operational and deployment tasks using tools like Consul, Vault, Spinnaker, etc.
• Should have good troubleshooting & debugging skills
• Code development experience with various languages, like Python, Golang, Shell, etc.
• Strong experience with automation methodologies and processes
• Configuration management and build orchestration with Jenkins, Ansible, Packer, Terraform, Artifactory, Vault, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
• Cloud experience in GCP and Azure or AWS
• Test driven development and deployment With Agile methodologies & DevOPS culture
• Strong, proven performance diagnostic skills
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• Extensive hands-on scripting & automation experience in application Infrastructure provisioning & deployment in private and public cloud environments
• Subject matter expert in cloud compute, storage network services & containerization technologies
• Subject matter expert in operating systems
• Deep understanding of microservices, application servers, web servers, messaging servers ,NOSQL and SQL database technologies
• Extensive experience in creating CI CD pipelines and Automation
• Team player with strong experience in mentoring and training less experienced engineers
• Experience gathering and documenting business requirements of application characteristics, including third-party software requirements, backend resources, and implementation approaches
• 4+ years' experience leading technical or project teams with or without direct reports in a large matrixed, retail organization
• 2+ years' experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior leadership
• 4+ years' experience working in a large matrixed organization, in the retail industry
• 4+ years' experience working with third party IT vendors and/or systems solution providers
• 4+ years' experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
About Lowe's in the Community:
As a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company, Lowe's is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe's associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe's Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow on Twitter.