A career in our Service Management practice, within Cloud Computing and Networking services, will provide you with the opportunity to focus on the joint business relationship between PwC and Google, HP, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and other cloud based platforms to bring new and innovative services to some of the largest companies. We help our clients adopt the cloud to transform Information Technology, scale and streamline operations and create new cloud based businesses through our strong alliances. You'll be at the forefront of helping organisations around the globe adopt innovative technology solutions that optimise business processes or enable scalable technology.Our team helps organisations transform their Information Technology operations into additional sources of revenue by improving Information Technology service delivery, cost efficiency, and customer satisfaction. As part of the team, you'll help our clients design and implement process strategies to address gaps in their cloud service delivery and service management proficiency.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Management Information Systems
Minimum Years of Experience:
AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Azure Solutions Architect, Certified OpenStack Administrator, Google Certified Professional - Cloud Architect
Demonstrates thought leader-level knowledge, and/or a proven record of success, in directing efforts in the following areas:
- Leading large-scale initiatives emphasizing the strategy, design and development of Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Software-as-a-Service cloud platforms that extend to private and public cloud deployment models;
- Leveraging knowledge related to Cloud Management Platforms, Virtualization Strategies, Automation and Orchestration Strategies, Public Cloud Platforms, Cloud Capacity/Performance Optimization, and Application Migrations to a Cloud Platform with a clear understanding of how an IT organization capitalizes upon technology to enable the business;
- Leading transformational projects related to IT Architecture, Engineering, Operations, Security and Digital adoption;
- Applying DevOps strategies, designs, implementations, and tools capabilities/functionalities; and,
- Leading client-facing business development at a C-suite level, engagement delivery, practice development and thought leadership.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success and specialization in directing efforts in the following areas:
- Designing dynamic large-scale cloud environments and implementing a variety of digital platforms and a perspective on the various cloud offerings in the marketplace;
- Applying knowledge and skills in cloud container services (e.g. ECS), storage services (e.g. EBS), and database services (e.g. RDS); digital or infrastructure deployments that includes managing projects related to highly virtualized solutions, digital convergence, outsourcing or systems integrations, network engineering, and cybersecurity;
- Implementing major infrastructure management platforms (e.g. BMC, HP, CA, VMWare, etc.), automation, and orchestration (e.g. Chef, Puppet) and public cloud vendors (e.g. AWS, Rackspace, Google Cloud Platform, Azure and Office 365 etc.);
- Identifying and addressing client needs including developing and sustaining deep client relationships using networking, negotiation, and persuasion skills to identify and sell potential new service opportunities; preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials; and, defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection;
- Serving as a practice and team leader including enabling teams to generate a vision; establishing direction and motivating members; creating an atmosphere of trust; leveraging diverse views; coaching staff, encouraging improvement and innovation; and, leading by example, while working collaboratively as a member of a team and executing independently;
- Establishing a solutions-based practice, grow an organization, develop approaches/methodologies, lead engagements, and provide consistent communications to clients and leadership teams; and,
- Developing thought leadership materials and being recognized in the Information Technology industry as a credible participant in the digital and cloud dialogue.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.