Cloud DevOps Architect I (Infrastructure) - REMOTE
Tempe, AZ, US
Requisition Number: 83397
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE JOB
The Cloud DevOps Architect I is responsible for assessing and designing complex solutions to meet our client's technology and business needs. Incumbents manage project teams that consult with our clients to analyze and identify technical requirements. Incumbents are subject matter experts for strategic client opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions of the Job:
* Managing project teams of client and internal personnel for project profitability and consultant utilization.
* Lead identification of business and technical requirements.
* Developing project work plans (scope) to meet client requirements.
* Designing solutions to meet the clients' complex IT technical requirements.
* Implementing technologies and solutions based on designs.
* Testing IT technologies and solutions.
* Training people internally on complex technology.
* Helping to develop technology practices while ensuring a personal specialization in one or more IT technologies.
* Supporting sales initiatives.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Undergraduate degree in a technical discipline or demonstrated performance in a technical work environment. Minimum of 4 years management experience in a high tech environment. Must have expertise across a wide base of technology and considered proficient in any of the following: HPS and Storage, Networking or Operating Systems, Engineering.
NICE TO HAVES
* Basic understanding of agile and waterfall methodologies
* Basic proficiency in at least one scripting language i.e. python, powershell, bash, etc.
* Basic proficiency in DSL (domain specific language) configuration management i.e. puppet, chef or powershell DSC
* Basic proficiency in infrastructure as code i.e. Terraform, CloudFormation or ARM/Bicep.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Strong ability to cultivate relationships with partners, suppliers in order to develop and share understanding of technology roadmaps both within Insight and with Insight's client community required. Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively required. Must be able to multi-task effectively. Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and presentation are essential. Ability to interface effectively with client executives in a professional and businesslike manner is a must. Must have experience in providing leadership, assistance and advice to peers. Proven ability to work on internal projects such as recruiting, training development, knowledge management and other strategic internal initiatives a plus.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com
* Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
* 11,000+ teammates in 19 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
* $8.3 billion in revenue in 2020
* Ranked #409 on the Fortune 500, #15 on the CRN Solution Provider 500, 2020 CRN Innovator of the Year Award
* 2020 Intel Innovation Partner of Year, 2020 Microsoft U.S. Partner of the Year and Worldwide Customer Experience Partner of the Year
* Ranked #7 on the 2021 Fortune World's Most Admired Companies (Information Technology Services industry), #70 on the Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, #296 on Forbes World's Best Employers (#27 within IT), and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2020 list of Best Places to Work
* Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Tempe || Arizona (US-AZ) || United States (US) || None || None || US - Tempe, AZ ||
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment: Architecture, Cloud, Engineer, Developer, Supply, Engineering, Technology, Operations