At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that revolutionizes entire industries. We invite you to join our dynamic group, for the unique and rewarding opportunity to contribute to upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day.
Are you interested in doing work that challenges you, expands your thinking, provides innovative solutions for future problems while driving your growth as recognized technical leader in the cellular industry? Apple's RF Transmitter Systems Engineering team is looking for a passionate, talented individual who is eager to break technical boundaries and to change the way of doing things. Our world-class team shapes the mobile market with disruptive RF innovations while being fully accountable for execution and commitments on timeline and quality.
Join our team of leading experts in cellular RF industry and deliver differentiating transmit architectures and solutions for Apple's wireless products that create amazing benefits for our customers!Key Qualifications
- tWe would like you to have 3+ years of relevant experience in RF, including cellular transmit architectures, or PhD degree with previous work on cellular RF topics.
- tYou have initial expertise in transmitter concepts and procedures for cellular systems like power control, digital predistortion, Crest-factor reduction, TX impairment corrections (e.g., IQ imbalance and PA supply voltage modulation.
- tYou have basic knowledge in analyzing transmit chains from RF-baseband interface to antenna and in translating top level requirements into specification items for transceiver building blocks and RF components (e.g., PA, filter, switches).
- tBasic knowledge of Cellular Radio/3GPP Standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, LTE-A, 5G NR) which includes RF aspects as well as system use cases and TX waveforms.
- tGood knowledge of TX performance metrics like ACLR, EVM and spectrum masks is a must.
- tExpertise and experience in 5G NR FR2 are a plus.
- tBackground in digital signal processing is a plus.
- tThis role requires strong analytical thinking and the ability to collaborate and communicate in multi-cultural global teams.Description
In this role, you will be part of an industrial-leading RF Transmitter Systems Engineering team. You will work closely with other architecture- and system engineering teams, RF design teams, SW teams and suppliers to assess, define and drive TX architectures and TX concepts with focus on leading-edge performance and uncompromised quality as baseline for differentiating products.
Your daily work includes the following tasks:
• tTranslate system level- and performance requirements into requirements for the TX system including the breakdown to block level and component level.
• tAnalyze the transmit chain by means of simulations (e.g., MATLAB, ADS) and link budget analysis.
• tIdentify and analyze critical requirements and provide deep dive assessments with respect to critical metric impact, timeline, and risks.
• tSolve complex and interdisciplinary problems that are related to the transmit system.
• tDrive the alignment of requirements, design targets and design trade-offs with other teams like HW design and SW engineering.
• tWork with vendors, technology suppliers and multi-functional teams to optimize cellular system performance.
• tProvide specifications as input for the HW and SW development.Education & Experience
BSEE or MSEE is required. We would prefer a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.