My client is rapidly growing in the telecommunication space with a product portfolio focusing on Network Performance Management; Service Level Management, Application Visibility and Control, Traffic Management, Network Planning and Optimization. We are currently conducting a search for a Business Development Manager to work within their Product Strategy and Marketing organization with responsibility to develop the service assurance business with Tier 1 CSPs transitioning to virtual networks.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop a growth strategy focused on Network Virtualization projects with Tier 1 CSPs WW
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Conduct research to identify how to best position our technology alongside network transformation projects;
- Messaging, positioning and collateral development;
- Evangelism, launches and public-facing communications;
- Contribution to product, product portfolio, and go-to-market strategy;
- Sales/presales team training/coaching around NFV/SDN technologies and InfoVista value proposition.
This person will also be working very closely with product managers and sales. Prior experience with Service Assurance or Operations Support Systems solutions is mandatory; knowledge of the CSP and Mobile industry mandatory.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in high technology field in at least two functional areas: (1) Business development (2) Product management (3) Solutions architecture (4) and/or Product marketing. The individual should have a proven track record of success in a variety of projects such as: sales enablement, complex solution selling, solution packaging, product positioning and thought leadership elaboration.
The ideal Business Development Manager candidate possess experience in key marketing and sales disciplines, knowledge of industry norms and opportunities, understanding of product life cycle, in depth knowledge of business development elements (promotion and positioning, sales enablement, ROI, competitive analysis, pricing and packaging, etc.)
The Business Development Manager should have: strong foundation in technology (software) preferably work experience with Service Assurance; experience in successfully working with cross functional teams; very strong written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to succeed in team environments; Bachelor's Degree in Technology related field or in Marketing / MBA a plus.
Ashburn (VA, US), London (UK), Paris (France), Home Office (US, Canada, UK or France).
- Must have software business development experience, preferably within the service assurance or NFV/SDN domains.
- Solid understanding of the CSP and Mobile Market and technologies: IP/Ethernet VPNs, IP RAN/backhaul, C-RAN RAN, NFV/SDN...
- Demonstrated ability to influence and persuade.
- Demonstrated drive, confidence and risk taking.
- Must work well within a matrixed organization as well as with partners and customers.
- Must be a team player who can harness the capabilities of the team and drive for results.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, including presentation.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years related experience or equivalent.
- Master's (graduate) degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or technical field of study is preferred.
- Willingness to travel at least 50%