Do you have broad and deep experience in both the business and technical aspects of cloud computing, especially Legacy infrastructure and edge computing? Do you have rich experience influencing technology choices and building programs to accelerate IT adoption within defense organizations? Do you enjoy working with customers to achieve innovation and efficiency through IT modernization and cloud technologies? Can you help business leaders and technologists adopt new cloud services?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and organizations around the world. With the launch of AWS Edge Computing services like AWS Outposts and the Snow Family, AWS cloud services can now be deployed in any physical location, including virtually any data center, co-location space, or on-premises facility, or in the field.
Amazon Web Services is looking for a Technical BDM to join the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team to make AWS the best place to run Edge and Hybrid workloads. Working closely with sales and technical leaders, you will be responsible for defining and implementing a go-to-market approach that accelerates adoption of Edge Computing on AWS. This includes AWS Outposts, the AWS Snow Family, and the nascent AWS Wavelength, and AWS Local Zones.
You will also work directly with sales, solution architects, and other field teams to identify, qualify, and win major customers. The ideal candidate will possess both the business savvy to interact at the CxO/VP level, and the technical depth in Edge and/or Hybrid computing involving Legacy infrastructure, to easily interact with software developers and architects. You will have a strong knowledge of cloud computing, industry trends, and product developments.
This role requires a strong passion for customers, a high level of comfort navigating ambiguity, and a keen sense of ownership to deliver results.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Defines, builds and deploys enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around the AWS Edge Computing offerings (AWS Outposts and the Snow Family, and the nascent Wavelength and Local Zones);
-Engages, supports and scales business development and sales teams across AWS to be capable of delivering the AWS value proposition to enterprise customers and partners;
- Exhibits proactive ability and expertise in setting customer discussions via AWS sales and partner teams;
- Exhibits expertise and drives field and partner readiness for enterprise customers;
- Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer's business issues and explores how the AWS Edge Computing platforms can help address and resolve these issues;
- Serves as an evangelist for the AWS Edge Computing platforms within AWS, and externally;
- Bring the various stakeholders together to help build collective mindshare in augmenting the AWS Edge Computing platforms;
- Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the AWS Edge Computing platforms, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements;
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics.
10 years or more of technical leadership, product management, business development in information technologies.
5 years or more experience in Legacy infrastructure, Edge, or Hybrid workloads including business development, product management, and technical marketing.
1 or more years of experience with public cloud computing services.
Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business.
Experience and detailed knowledge of managed services market and insights related to cloud computing, data centers, and IT in general.
Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen.
Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organization.
In-depth experience in Edge or Hybrid technology, market dynamics, and customer requirements.
Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Demonstrated ability to build and scale programs that remove blockers to customer adoption and accelerate adoption.
Must enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, and have outstanding teamwork skills.
Must prefer a hands-on, detail-oriented, roll-up your sleeves environment.
Must have a passion for innovation, and have the ability to scale and influence broadly.
Requires strong organizational, presentation, and writing skills.
Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.