Our client is one of the world's largest providers of software to Telecommunications Service Providers globally with accounts such as AT&T, BT / EE, Vodafone, Sky and Orange.
The client is engaged in a huge Digital Transformation program with a Service Provider based in Madrid covering many aspects of IT; BSS, CRM, and Order Management for example.
Scrum Product Owner Job Description:
Understands business needs. Assesses the impact of those needs, capturing, analyzing and documenting requirements and providing high level solutions that leverage product capabilities and best practices in order to produce an optimal solution. Communicates and implements recommended solutions.
What will your job look like?
- Backlog grooming and planning - Responsible for gathering and understanding the business requirement and building the backlog (creation, prioritization and breakdown), features and changes in scope requirements; Translate business requirements or product roadmap into manageable backlog and documents the epics/features/stories; Consulting with customer/ product manager and multiple stakeholders across all working streams; Backlog should cover all functional 'done' criteria and adheres to non-functional aspects as well. Leads and/ or participates in estimations definition and/or refinement for projects, features, epics and stories
- Release/PI Planning – Actively participates in the PI/ Release planning, the PO conveys the vision and goals at the beginning of every Release/PI and Sprint/ Iteration; Prioritizes backlog and supports the release/PI planning and sprint/iteration planning
- Execution & Support – Support the development team / scrum teams and provide ongoing early feedback during sprints / iteration (business clarifications, adjustments for risk, reprioritizations, changes in scope); Review and approves all design gaps and/ or solution enhancement suggestions driven from relevant stakeholders (external and/or internal); Take an active part in all planning & retrospectives activities.
- Lead the solution of the scope items under his domain through all project/ product’s lifecycle
Represents the customer/product manager, interfaces and continuously engages the customer / product manager and stakeholders to ensure the Team is building the right solution and therefore delivering the expected items.
- Demonstrate solution to relevant internal and external business stakeholders.
- Business orientated, able to represent customer needs
- Ability to understand and analyze customer's current system and provide optimal solutions to meet their requirements
- Responsible to define API (Microservice) as an offering
- Gathers and analyzes the product/ solution requirements, writes the backlog, verifies the solution with all relevant stakeholders; Dissects the requirements into user stories.
- Defines 'done' criteria, this includes functional and nonfunctional requirements (adherence to defined Security, Performance, Resilience, Reusability, High availability requirements for the application).
- Responsible for creating, grooming and prioritizing the backlog, and its maintenance.
- Responsible to resolve functional queries raised by development / scrum team and other POs through all product/project lifecycle till production.
- Responsible for certifying the DONE criteria by conducting regular demos with the team.
- Responsible for leading demos to internal and external customers.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Familiar with CI/CD / CICD practices of continuous integration and continuous delivery (aka continuous deployment)
- Stakeholder management, good negotiation and communication skills. Ability to work in challenging situation and complex environment.
- B.Tech Degree or equivalent
- Telecoms experience (BSS Ideal)
What makes this job interesting:
- You will be able to use your superior business analyst skills to make a significant impact on high-level solutions that best produces the optimal product solution.
- You will be a key member of a global, dynamic and highly collaborative team with various possibilities for personal and professional development
- You will have the opportunity to work in multinational environment for the global market leader in its field