Wavicle Data Solutions
designs and delivers data and analytics solutions to reduce time, cost, and risk of companies' data projects, improving the quality of their analytics and decisions now and into the future.
As a privately-held consulting service organization with popular, name brand clients across multiple industries, Wavicle offers exciting opportunities for data scientists, solutions architects, developers, and consultants to jump right in and contribute to meaningful, innovative solutions.
Our 300+ local, nearshore and offshore consultants, data architects, cloud engineers, and developers build cost-effective, right-fit solutions leveraging our team's deep business acumen and knowledge of cutting-edge data and analytics technology and frameworks.Wavicle Has Been Recognized By Industry Leaders As Follows
At Wavicle, you'll find a challenging and rewarding work environment where we enjoy working as a team to exceed client expectations. Employees appreciate being part of something meaningful at Wavicle.
- Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces
- Inc 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the US
- Crain's Fast 50 fastest growing companies in the Chicago area
- Talend Expert Partner recognition
- Microsoft Gold Data Platform competency
Watch here to learn Why Wavicle
We are looking for a Big Data Solution Architect
who will perform mission critical duties in our data engineering strategy, contributing to and leading the development of our Enterprise Data and Analytics Platforms. A passionate professional who can blend the ever-evolving technology landscape of Cloud and Advanced Analytics with the complex and high-impact space of E-Commerce and Direct Sales.
The Big Data Solution Architect
will be responsible for leading a team of talented engineers to develop and maintain the foundation of next generation data platforms. This role will be responsible for expanding, optimizing, and monitoring our expanding data pipelines through meticulous architecting, intelligent business logic, consistent data governance, testing and continuous delivery.What You Will Get To Do
- Lead and provide advanced data engineering expertise for projects that enable analytics to drive optimization of decisions for client(s), within a team of engineers.
- Design new methods and processes to ensure maximum effectiveness of client data.
- Partner with data analysts/scientists to provide solutions enabling statistical analysis tools and data visualization applications.
- Identify processes and tools that can be shifted towards automation to enable seamless development and self-service analytics workloads.
- Partner with various business units and data stewards to understand the business needs.
- Obtain and/or maintain technical expertise of available data manipulation and preparation tools (Talend, Informatica, Matillion etc) as well as programming languages ( Python, Spark, EMR, etc.)
- Ensure data is secure, relevant, and maintains high quality standards.
- Identify and implement industry best practices.
- Evaluate new data sets to determine appropriate ingestion techniques.
- Build, manage and optimize data pipelines through a variety of ETL tools, including custom infrastructure and 3rd-party tooling (AWS, GCP, Databricks, Snowflake).
- Work with internal engineering teams and vendors to understand business logic to ensure veracity in datasets.
- Generate documentation on existing production data logic and its influencing business processes in order to reconcile knowledge gaps between the business, engineering, and data collection.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- 8-10 years of experience in delivering data engineering solutions that include batch and streaming capabilities.
- 5+ years of strategic/management consulting experience with experience in pre-sales activities (RFP response, proposal development, SOW development, etc.)
- 3+ years of subject matter expertise in 1 of the following industries: Retail/CPG, Financial Services, Insurance Healthcare, Pharma, Travel/HospitalitySubject or other is required.
- Experience building, testing, automating and optimizing data pipelines.
- Experience using emerging technologies (Snowflake, Databricks, Matillion, etc.)
- Strong understanding and prior use of SQL and be highly proficient in the workings of data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, low latency data stores, Airflow, etc.).
- Deep understanding of data testing techniques, and a proven record of driving sustainable change to the software development practice to improve quality and performance.
- Expert with programming languages (i.e. Python, Spark, Java, etc.).
- Expertise selecting context-appropriate data modeling techniques, including Kimball dimensional modeling, slowly changing dimensions, snowflake, and others.
- Passion for software development and data and be highly skilled in performing data extraction, transformation and processing to optimize quantitative analyses on various business functions.
- Familiarity with Scrum, DevOps, and DataOps methodologies, and supporting tools such as JIRA.
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS or Azure preferred).
- Experience with managing infrastructure as a code (i.e. AWS CloudFormation or Azure Resource Manager), Git, and GitLab.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate analytical and technical concepts with confidence and in an easy-to-understand fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or relevant field is required.
- Work from home with the ability to travel to client location up to 25%.
Wavicle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status.Benefits
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Bonus Program