Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Information Technology Software Engineer oversees application development, modification, and maintenance of applications. This position monitors system applications, ensures systems run smoothly, and creates reports and other documentation outlining findings/solutions.
- Responsible for design, development, and testing of application software
- Works in an Agile environment with a mix of onshore and offshore resources
- Responsible for effectively implementing the CI/CD for the applications
- Responsible for troubleshooting production issues and bringing about quick resolutions
- Installs and configures systems and other software
- Effectively collaborates with team members and business units and acts as a SME and mentor as needed
- Identifies and resolves business systems issues
- Measures effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems
- Develops and implements strategies to improve systems
- Responsible for implementing the non functional requirements of software
- Monitors and tests system performance
- Performs work with some independence of thought, but refers more complex problems to senior associates or supervisor/manager
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Five years of experience
Skills and Competencies
- Strong executional capabilities
- Experience in SQL Server, Oracle, any relational databases
- Experience in ETL capabilities
- Experience in Big Data, Hadoop
- Experience in Python
- Cloudera/R is a Plus
- Programming languages such a C# or Java