To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job Category
Products and TechnologyJob Details
Note: By applying to the Software Engineering Big Data Platform posting, recruiters and hiring managers across the organization hiring Software Engineer will review your resume. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams.
Interested in being part of one of the biggest Big Data platforms at massive scale running on public and private cloud substrates? Salesforce is building out our Big Data Platform Services team to reinvigorate the way we architect, deliver, and operate the platforms and services that run in our own data centers and also in public clouds - at consumer web scale. We are looking to add engineers and leads, with experience building and owning distributed services, who can step up and own big chunks of this vision.
- Working with Phoenix, HBase, Mapreduce, Yarn, Kafka, Spark, Hive, Presto, or equivalent large-scale distributed systems technologies on a modern containerized deployment stack using Kubernetes, Spinnaker, and other technologies
- Enjoy the opportunity to become an Open Source contributor by being part of teams that have PMCs and committers on various Apache projects
- Experience building Big Data services on AWS, GCP or other public cloud substrates
- Eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt
- Designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in multiple datacenters
- Participate in the team's on-callrotation to address complex problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available
Open to Fully Remote, Flex (1-3 days/week in the office), or Office-Based (4-5 days/week in office)
- BS with 10+ years of experience or MS with 8+ years of experience
- Experience with Java, and/or C++ in a Linux/UNIX data center environment
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission-critical service
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
- Have strong, heartfelt opinions on CAP theorem, can sketch out four different consistency models on a single napkin and defend each of them, and understand Paxos, Raft, and Zookeeper at an implementation level
We are Salesforce Engineering
Salesforce Ohana Culture
Salesforce Engineering behind the cloudAccommodations
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.