Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
The IT Actuary Systems team is seeking an experienced and highly self-motivated Big Data/ETL Developer to support Financial Reporting of Claims Case reserve activity and Statistical Reporting. In this role, you will design, develop, test, and implement ETL/ELT solutions in addition to developing complex queries to mine data from the Enterprise Data Warehouse and the Big Data Platform. You must excel at working independently as well as part of a team, show an appropriate sense of urgency, multi-task across multiple projects, all while providing production support.Job Responsibilities:
• Be part of a development team to build and maintain the ETL processes
• Analyze the needs and the environment to make sure the solution you're developing considers the current architecture and operating environment as well as future functionality and enhancements
• Develop, test, debug, document and help operationalize various ETL applications leveraging industry best practices
• Work closely and collaborate with various cross functional IT teams to identify, troubleshoot and fix data issues, and resolve data gaps that impact the fulfillment of the business's functional requirements
• Work collaboratively with team members and customers to gather and validate requirements as well as deliver features/enhancements
• Collaborate with architects, team leads and team members to architect and design solutions to meet functional and technical requirements
• Troubleshoot issues, identify resolutions and be available for 24/7 production support on a rotational basis
• Responsible for writing complex SQL queries for mining of operational dataWould you like to join our innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?Required Skills:
• Minimum 3 years of experience with Relational Database Systems and Oracle PL/SQL
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience with manipulating and transforming large and complicated datasets
• Experience with developing, tuning and debugging code, stored procedures, functions and packages.
• Strong functional and analytical skills.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in developing high volume transaction processing solutions
• Experience in Data ProfilingPreferred Skills:
• 2+ years of experience in designing and developing efficient and robust ETL/ELT workflows using tools such as Informatica, Ab Initio, Talend or Apache Spark
• Work with large streams of data (>1TB.) in a large enterprise environment
• Experience in Linux/UNIX scripting and SQL
• Experience with Personal or Commercial auto insurance policy and claims systems
• Experience with TFS or GIT
• Experience with advanced Data Warehousing concepts and skills
• Experience with sourcing data across multiple platforms (Mainframe, FTP, Data Warehouse, ESB)
• Experience with JSON and XML
• Experience with SDLC/Waterfall/Agile methodologies and developing Project Artifacts
• Experience with Application Systems and Data AnalysisNote: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.Benefits
As a full-time Big Data / ETL Developer, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years. - provided by Dice