Do you have a passion for building robust data solutions? Are you itching to contribute to technology that is cutting edge? If so, you are encouraged to apply to the position of Big Data/ETL Developer with our industry-leading client, working 100% remote!
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity, offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Qualified applicants must be willing and able to work on a w2 basis without work authorization sponsorship now or in the future
Our client is a cutting edge technology firm who work with people that are passionate, energetic, and hardworking with an entrepreneurial spirit, who dream big and challenge the status quo.
We are seeking a Software Engineer with a focus on big data to help build new pipelines using modern, cutting-edge technologies. This involves using Scala and the Spark library to process data into useful forms. You'll get a chance to work with Snowflake as the main data warehouse and AWS as the cloud provider too!
Responsibilities of the Big Data/ETL Developer:
- Design and develop new big data processing pipelines
- Refine current big data processing pipelines
- Update documentation on internal wiki for technical communication
- Participate in code reviews and design sessions during Agile process
- Debug, evaluate, and troubleshoot throughout application development process
- Maintain and operate continuous build, test, and integration pipelines
- Develop thorough understanding of technologies used and demonstrate archetypical patterns for their use
Requirements of the Big Data/ETL Developer:
- 3+ years of experience on a development team contributing to all parts of a modern project
- 3+ year of experience with developing data pipelines using Scala and Spark
- Well versed in testing data pipelines and code, using tools such as Junit and Mockito
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively on a complex system
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Preference to have experience with Java and Spring Boot, Python is suitable
- Experience with Docker preferred
- Experience working in Linux desired
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Desire to stay up to date with modern techniques and evolving technologies
Job ID: 355590