A career in our Business Intelligence practice, within Data and Analytics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. You'll make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.Creating business intelligence from data requires an understanding of the business, the data, and the technology used to store and analyse that data. Using our Rapid Business Intelligence Solutions, data visualisation and integrated reporting dashboards, we can deliver agile, highly interactive reporting and analytics that help our clients to more effectively run their business and understand what business questions can be answered and how to unlock the answers.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success executing various aspects of client engagements and/or projects within a professional services environment, including the following areas:
- Understanding Enterprise Hadoop/Spark implementations, NoSQL technologies (Cassandra,MongoDB,Neo4j etc.), Big Data Platforms (Cloudera,Hortonworks etc.) and advanced analytics technologies (predictive as well as prescriptive - SAS,R,Python, Machine Learning etc.);
- Understanding data and analytics integration, application architecture interlocking unstructured and structured data within the enterprise;
- Developing of Data warehouses hosted on MPP (massively parallel processing) architecture, distributed systems and analytics platforms;
- Utilizing cloud-based Data and Analytics platform solutions - Amazon, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud;
- Developing blueprints and technical playbooks for complex Big Data analytics solutions;
- Collaborating with appropriate parties to develop reference architecture and solution patterns for implementation;
- Participating in thought leadership activities in the Big Data and analytics space;
- Developing unique sector or industry specific point of view on implementing and sustaining enterprise level Big Data and analytics solutions;
- Assisting in collateral development for client meetings, pursuits and proposals;
- Serving as an engagement lead or subject matter specialist in external client facing projects;
- Creating and conducting technical training and onboarding of new staff;
- Working collaboratively on teams with a variety of technical and non-technical skill sets;
- Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks, research and analyze pertinent client, industry and technical matters, utilize problem-solving skills, and communicate effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences (including various levels of management and external clients) in a professional business environment; and,
- Managing junior level resources in delivering a complex Big Data strategy / implementation project.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: .