IBM seeks a Big Data Engineer.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3 year of hands-on coding experience in Scala or Java
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Big Data technologies (Hive and Hadoop)
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in building ETL/ELT using core Spark and Spark SQL and Spark Streaming
- Experience with implementing security in data domain, role based access control, and data lineage
- Experience with Data Validation and Testing using automation frameworks
- Experience in CI/CD using Jenkins and Gradle
- Understanding of Data warehousing and Data Marts
- Exposure on ETL tools on Big Data such as Talend or Stitch or Dataflow or Glue
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Kubernetes and Docker
- Big Data Certifications on Cloudera/Hortonworks/AWS/GCP/Azure
Your Role and Responsibilities
The position of the Big Data Engineer plays a key role in the development and deployment of innovative big data platforms for advanced analytics and data processing. The Data Engineer defines and builds the data pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business. Develops applications on Big Data and Cognitive technologies including API development. Expected to have traditional Application Development background along with knowledge of Analytics libraries, open-source Natural Language Processing, statistical and big data computing libraries. Strong technical abilities to understand, design, write and debug complex code.
IBM's unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables IBM Global Business Services to help position its clients for the future. We leverage the proven roadmaps and frameworks that have been developed across 17 industries and the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in over 170 countries - unmatched capabilities. When you join IBM, you'll partner with our clients, and leverage these capabilities to deliver real business value.
As a member of the world's leading and largest consulting organization, you'll tap into resources that only a global leader like IBM can provide: access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy unparalleled career opportunities; be provided with ongoing training and education that you'll need to succeed; and work on some of the most interesting projects on the planet, helping everyone from organizations to local governments, work smarter.
- provided by Dice