Our client is a highly respected, international data innovation and digital transformation business with offices in the UK and internationally. You'll be joining a company that focuses on developing innovative ideas and sharing knowledge. This approach is extended to both its clients and also encouraged in its staff. Make no mistake, you'll be joining a company that cares about its people as much as its business.
This role will be part of a wider team, focusing on providing Big Data solutions. It will also involve the setup of CI/CD for Java and Python based services, using tools such as Jenkins or AWS drove.
- You'll have a proven track record of developing or implementing data related technologies on time, to specification and to quality assured standards.
- You'll be either a Hortonworks certified admin or working towards this or an equivalent qualification.
- You'll be experienced in Java services and Hadoop ecosystems - Kafka, Oozie, Yarn, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Amabari, HBase and HDFS.
- You'll have practical experience with Amazon Web Service components such as EC2, S3 and Redshift.
- You'll have a current Security Cleared Status of at least SC level or be eligible for UK Security Clearance.
- You'll have experience of structured problem solving and ideally be certified in a suitable methodology.
- You'll be willing to travel throughout Europe as projects require.
In addition to a competitive salary our client can offer a pension plan, private healthcare, life assurance and extensive opportunities for personal development.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the specified location...... click apply for full job details