Skill: Big Data
Role: T2, T1
Are you passionate about solving business issues with new technology? Ready to put your well-rounded (engineering/developer/architecture) skills to use? We at Virtusa would like to meet you!
The Full-Stack Data Infrastructure Engineer will be an "agent of delivery," who builds and executes integration opportunities that will enable an Ops-AI platform build-out.
The successful candidate will possess strong foundational big data engineering as well as some data science skills, as well as an ability to develop strategic solutions through programing languages and database management systems. They must be able to take a holistic view of a business problem or challenge, and work with various technical groups to get the information necessary to develop changes through to production.
* Shape the development of data lake to data science pipeline infrastructure solutions and integration
* Identify, evaluate and implement services and tools to support data validation and meta data management
* Manipulate, analyze and interpret complex data sets relating to bespoke data pipelines and flows
* Mine and analyze large datasets and existing pipelines to optimize for performance and scalability
* Liaise with internal clients to fully understand data content and recommend best practices
* Gather, understand and document detailed business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques
* Create data dashboards, graphs and visualizations to oversee and maintain bespoke pipelines
Skills & Experience Required
* At least 6 years' professional experience as a software developer, including leading projects and teams
* Experience in multi-disciplinary teams, with an end-to-end view of systems and processes
* Minimum of 1years Experience leading with agile development methodologies like XP, Kanban or Scrum.
* Can take the lead with new initiatives and can act a mentor to team members
* 3-5 years' experience Building technical plans with a confirmed background in architecture with real-world experience of architecting, designing, and delivering large IT projects
Data Engineering & Integration
* At least 6 years hands-on experience working in a large process-driven organization in a technical engineering role
* Extensive experience writing code to process high volume, high throughput data pipelines in Java, Scala or Python
* Experience in Data Architecture and Information Architecture
* Deep experience on a variety of big data technologies specially in Spark and in Hadoop ecosystem and other no-sql data stores like Cassandra, HBase, Mongodb, etc.
* Experience on in high volume pub sub tools like Kafka.
* Experience of data analysis and data processing using Java, Python, R, KSQL, CQL, Airflow, Bash, Jupyter Notebooks
* Strong understanding of RESTful APIs and / or data streaming
* Experience of version control (Git, Bitbucket)
* Experience of Data visualization tools, e.g. Matplotlib, Seaborn, ggplot2, Birst, Tableau, Qlik, Grafana
* Familiar with Agile working practices and methodologies
* Solid grasp of basic networking technologies such as HTTP and DNS
Analysis & Design
* Experience of working with large and complex datasets for the purposes of analysis, and delivering analytics solutions
* Experience of creating analytics dashboards or reports
* Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements, and determine appropriate technical solutions
* Requirements & Problem solving
* Experience of producing documentation/specifications for technical solutions
* Keen to learn and continually develop skillset, collaborate and express ideas to make improvements
* Demonstrates a passion for using data to solve problems and deliver value
* Strong problem-solving skills and ability to logically analyze complex requirements, processes and systems
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 21,000 people globally that cares about your growth - one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company, and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.