Capgemini Engineering combines, under one brand, a unique set of strengths from across the Capgemini Group: the world leading engineering and R&D services of Altran - acquired by Capgemini in 2020 - and Capgemini's digital manufacturing expertise. With broad industry knowledge and cutting-edge technologies in digital and software, Capgemini Engineering supports the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. Combined with the capabilities of the rest of the Group, it helps clients to accelerate their journey towards Intelligent Industry. Capgemini Engineering has more than 52,000 engineer and scientist team members in over 30 countries across sectors including aeronautics, automotive, railways, communications, energy, life sciences, semiconductors, software & internet, space & defense, and consumer products.
Job Title: Senior BigData Engineer
Location: Austin TX or Dallas TX.
• Performs research, design, implementation and support tasks as a member of Altran team. Works in accordance with project guidelines, quality standards and code conventions.
• Responsible for area/areas within the team area of responsibility (AOR). One of the current team AOR is improving BigData Platform used by of the world's largest social media platform which deals with few petabytes of data coming to the system daily.
• Investigate, create, and implement the solutions for existing technical challenges, including building/enhancing the frameworks and tools used by other development teams.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Obtains tasks from the project lead or Team Lead (TL), prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all stakeholders.
• Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set deadlines and required quality objectives.
• Provides estimations, agrees task duration with the manager and contributes to project plan of assigned area.
• Analyzes scope of alternative solutions and makes decision about area implementation based on his/her experience and technical expertise.
• Leads functional and architectural design of assigned areas. Makes sure design decisions on the project meet architectural and design requirements.
• Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
• Reports about area readiness/quality, and raises red flags in crisis situations which are beyond his/her AOR.
• Responsible for resolving crisis situations within his/her AOR.
• Initiates and conducts code reviews, creates code standards, conventions and guidelines.
• Suggests technical and functional improvements to add value to the product;
• Constantly improves his/her professional level.
• Collaborates with other teams.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree in Computer Related Sciences or similar
• 5+ years of commercial development experience including Java
• 2+ years experience with SparkSQL and Hive including understanding on how these technologies work under the hood
• Strong experience in distributed Big Data processing (batch/offline, Terabytes and more)
• Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
• Strong OOP skills
• Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Result oriented approach
• Good English (oral & written) and communication skills in general
Would be a plus:
• Python development experience