Big Data Developer Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a mid-level to senior Big Data development resource for one of our larger financial clients in Charlotte, North Carolina. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience working with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Scala, Etc. The ideal candidate will have around 5-7 years of experience working in a large enterprise environment. The selected candidate will be an individual contributor responsible for development of the Technology ADS Data Warehouse. Candidate will be a member of a small team of developers and data analysts who support development of the Tech ADS. Candidate will be responsible for a wide range of programming tasks and technologies including Hadoop, Exadata, Python, Kafka, etc. Candidate will be involved in design, code, test and level 2/3 support of the data warehouse. In addition to development, the candidate will be responsible for partnering with the business to ensure requirements are met and with other functional areas of technology (QA, Production Support) to ensure effective implementation.
Team uses an Agile development process.
- Requires 7+ years of development experience
- Experience working with big data and eco system (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, pySpark, HBase, Sqoop, Impala, Kafka, Flume, Oozie, MapReduce, S3 etc.)
- Experience with high level programming languages (Python, Java, etc)
- Experience working with database systems (e.g. Exadata, NoSQL, Cassandra, Neo4j, etc.)
- Experience working as part of an Agile team and using Agile SDLC tools (Jira, etc.)
- Ability to partner with other functional areas to ensure execution of development, design, coding, testing, debugging and documenting application
- Ability to develop awareness of business function for which application is being designed in order to drive out detailed requirements and form effective partnerships
- Strong analytical ability, independent problem solving, and good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and deliver in a fast paced agile environment
- Expert knowledge and experience in software development methodologies and industry practices
- Expert understanding and experience with building and deploying enterprise applications
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent written, verbal and diagramming skills. Expertise in using PowerPoint and clearly articulating findings/presenting solutions
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit . Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn .