Big Data Developer
£35,000 to £40,000 + Holiday + Pension
Excellent opportunity to join a well-established company working with cutting-edge Big Data technology, in an exciting and varied role offering great progression and training opportunities on the latest technologies.
This software company have established themselves overtime and have earned an international reputation for their work digitising processes using Big Data technology. Through steady growth and expansion, they are looking for a Bif Data Developer with experience of Kafka to join their tight-knit team.
In this role, you will be moving the company's flagship fraud and financial risk management products into a big data environment where work with and learn Apache Druid. You will be integrating solutions with products as well as gathering and refining requirements from experts and stakeholders. This role offers the chance to work remotely two days per week, but you will need to be able to commute to site three days per week. There is also potential over time to progress into a team lead role.
The ideal candidate will have experience in development with Scala and Kafka. Experience with Apache Druid is highly beneficial but not essential. Ideally you will have experience with one of Hadoop, Hbase or Hive. Experience with Apache Cassandra is beneficial.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company working at the forefront of big data technology, offering you the chance to learn Apache Druid alongside great progression opportunities over time.
- Join a tight-knit development team moving the company's flagship products into a Big Data environment
- Working with Apache Druid, offering a great opportunity to learn on the job
- Integrate solutions with products
- Gather and refine requirements from stakeholders
- Remote working option two days per week - you will need to be able to commute to site 3 days per week...... click apply for full job details