We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team! Responsibilities
State Farm is seeking a bright, diligent Big Data developer
to join our Enterprise Technology - P&C Auto & Fire Modernization
team. This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate AWS Cloud software development professional
who has excellent communication skills, resourcefulness and thrives when given new challenges. Furthermore, has a passion to work for a Fortune 50
company with a Fortune 50
budget to support our Enterprise goals. The ideal candidate must have hands-on architecture and development experience handling extract, transform and load (ETL) processes of datasets containing a mix of structured and unstructured data. Also, hands-on experience
in Amazon Web Services (AWS). Location: Richardson (DFW), TX Check out the Dallas campus and our Enterprise Technology department! Qualifications What You Will Do:
We Are Looking for Candidates With: Required Skills:
- Work with datasets containing mixes of structured and unstructured data.
- Transform unstructured data into suitable forms for analysis and modeling.
- Perform extract, transform and load (ETL) integrations with variety of data sources.
- Write ad-hoc scripts and queries, schedules bath jobs and develops Real Time streaming applications and monitors.
- Provide system software support for SF applications, components & testing software (testware).
- Provides product and/or process expertise necessary to support design, development, testing and execution of solutions.
- Leads solution design, considering risks, mitigations, performance, user experience, and testability.
- Participates in the full software development cycle including coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset.
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Architecture and development
- Background in technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, etc.
- Experience with various software development tooling and techniques, (eg, AWS, Python, Scala, Java, Terraform, GIT CI)
- Experience with AWS services (Glue, Lamdda, S3, Redshift, DynamoDB, Step Functions, SNS, Athena, DataSync)
- Knowledge of auditing and monitoring in AWS (ie, Cloudwatch, Grafana, DataDog)
- Strong production support and DevOps background
What's in It for You:
- Experience with Test Automation tools or framework (ie, Behave).
- Experience with containers and CaaS architecture
- Ability to learn and adapt new technical and business skills
- Prior Agile experience and product mindset desired
- Works well in fast-paced, ambiguous, and changing environment
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Savings Plan
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers !
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins! Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (eg H-1B visa) for this opportunity. SFARM