In the Big Data Architect Role, you will perform as a Data Architect and Data Science Technical Leader in an agile team(s) ensuring clear architectural roadmaps, options and technical consultancy are provided to the team. The role will primarily focus on helping set a Data Science and Big Data technical direction and helping drive adoption of the technologies and opportunities into the organization. The role will be part of the Healthcare Analytics team directly supporting the big data initiatives and will work in conjunction with other Technical Architects in this domain.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Under the direction of the FEP Healthcare Analytics Director and/or the FEP Data Warehouse Director, the incumbent's duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Determination of Project Discovery approaches and estimations in the data realm for entire portfolio.
Participation in the technical solution planning across the enterprise.
Reviewing/providing input into project schedules as they evolve.
Specification of Data Architectural requirements and guidelines
Provide guidance and creation of enterprise data profiling reports for all FEP databases. These reports shall be used by project teams to determine the quality of data as well as assist in source to target mappings.
Documentation of source and target systems from a Data Architecture category perspective - eg documenting source and target systems. Translating business strategy/drivers into IT requirements with a proven ability to solve complex problems or situations.
Establishing/enforcing the Enterprise information architecture and the data components of a Systems Development Lifecycle eg Entity relationship diagrams, Data flow diagrams, Documenting external interfaces, Business process and enterprise modeling/mapping artifacts to a data architecture framework; stratifying data for Data Management purposes.
Provide guidance and supervision of implementing and maintaining an enterprise Big Data strategy. This includes recommendations on a multiple phase release plan for different subject areas as well as potential future use of toolsets across the enterprise data structures.
Identification of data conversion and translation strategies ie review, interpretation, and translation of requirements and use cases - Define, maintain and enforce the use of standardized enterprise data element names, abbreviations, definitions, characteristics, and domains.
Identification of data and solution patterns as well as taxonomies across the enterprise
Project estimations. This includes review and approval of estimations in the data realm.
Creation of lists depicting external documents/references
Completion of logical data designs/models; review with Plans as well as creation of physical data models and maintaining conformance to established naming standards.
Assists with business naming standards, developing and maintaining consistent data definitions, determining data aliases, documenting standard calculations and derivations, and documenting the business rules of the enterprise eg serves in a role for the enforcement and maintenance of governance policies, processes, performance measurements, and roles relative to healthcare industry best practice, and providing both technical and administrative services to execute architecture policy, procedures, roles and responsibilities, concept of operations and standards.
Develop an enterprise quality plan and continual modification/execution of the plan as the inflow and outflow of the enterprise data are modified. This includes enterprise quality reporting on the robustness of the data as well as areas of concern.
2. Provide data architectural design, problem solving and technology leadership on an enterprise level.
Technical Leader for all data architects as well as the director in providing thought leadership for short term and long term vision of enterprise data architecture.
Constantly learning and keeping up with the changes to the industry
Knowledgeable in emerging technologies and data architects best practices
3. Ability to act as mentor to the Analytics team in technical specialty and business/product stakeholders
Facilitates teamwork and continual improvement of the teams agile and technical practices
Introduces new and advanced practices to improve the team
Effectively sets own/team priorities in ambiguous environment
Assist Director in developing/modifying the short term and long term vision of enterprise data architecture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or military experience
- 7 years of experience in Data Architecture
- 2 years of experience giving presentations
- 3 years of experience with Hadoop and NoSQL technologies
- Must Have - Hadoop stack, Cassandra, Data Modeling, Data architecture
- Programming/scripting languages like Java (Must have)
- Experience in working with ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend and/or Pentaho. At least one
-Experience in designing solutions for multiple large data warehouses with a good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture as well as high-scale or distributed RDBMS and/or knowledge on NoSQL platforms.
- Skilled in engaging Business & Technical SME at customer locations and owning and driving architecture solutioning
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology
- 10 years of experience in Data Architecture
- 3 years' experience with Hadoop and NoSQL technologies
- 1 year of experience with Data Streaming solutions in Hadoop
- Experience with mixed-workload Hadoop environments, (real-time and batch)
-10-15 Years of experience as Data/Solutions Architect
- Experience with the major big data solutions like
- MongoDB, Couchbase, IBM Big Insights, Architecture consultin
2 - 3 years' Experience in architecting, designing & implementing enterprise solutions using big data solutions using Big data technologies & Cassandra