Big Data Architect (AWS Hadoop Spark Presto)
NO Corp to Corp Applicants at this time please
Priority Skill-set - Proven track record guiding platform architecture and technology best practices in areas such as:
- Big Data Processing (Spark, Hadoop, Presto, etc)
- Data Management
- Big Data Storage (S3, HDFS, etc)
- Data Integration
- Performance Optimization and Scaling
* depth in Spark and Presto and exposure/experience with things like Dynamo, HBase and Kafka would be beneficial.
- AWS cloud
- 10+ years of experience in Data Architecture
- 4+ years of experience in Big Data Architecture
- 3+ years of experience on AWS
- BS in computer science, or other related discipline
Essential Job Functions
- Work with engineering teams to design and deliver first class data solutions using existing and emerging technologies
- Promote awareness and build expertise in current and emerging data technologies, architecture and patterns
- Help lead design and architecture discussions
- Collaborate with engineering teams on key technology choices and implementation
- Stay on top of relevant technology trends, experiment, and support engineering team innovation
Job Location: Rockville, MD
Start Date: ASAP
Required: Bachelor s Degree
SES hires W2 salary/benefitted and W2 hourly non-benefitted employees . Our employee benefits include group medical, dental, vision, life LT and ST disability insurance, 21 days of accrued paid time off, 401k, tuition reimbursement, performance bonuses, paid overtime, and more. Due to corporate regulations, we cannot work with outside companies on this opening; only direct, individual candidates representing themselves to SES, please.
Systems Engineering Services Corporation (SESC), founded in 1989, is a leading provider of technology solutions to Fortune 1000 companies and government organizations. Specializing in Accelerated Development Services (agile application development, mobile, systems integration, project and program management), Architecture Services (SOA, Microservices, Cloud), Data Services (DW, BI, Big Data), Testing, Cyber Security and DevOps, SESC is guided by a corporate mission to provide valuable solutions to our client*s technology needs through responsive quality services.
*Please forward resume directly to for immediate consideration.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Systems Engineering Services Corporation
- provided by Dice