The role can be based in Wellesley, MA, Woonsocket, RI, Chicago, IL, Irving, TX, Atlanta, GA.
CVS Clinical Trial Recruitment partners with leading global biopharma clients to deliver qualified patients into ongoing pharmaceutical clinical trials in order to improve and accelerate clinical research for drug and vaccine development. The Big Data Architect develops, owns, and delivers on the multi-year patient recruitment and engagement platform product roadmap, reporting to the Director of Data Engineer to deliver an industry-leading product with seamless customer experience. The Big Data Architect will be both hands on and lead a group of data engineers to:
• Design and develop the Clinical Recruitment Platform (CRP)
• Build the strategy and roadmap to establish and maintain a comprehensive patient database and design process and governance to manage data assets
• Work with a large cross-functional team developing product, including multiple digital scrum teams, IT project, legal and other partners
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of the end-to-end Recruitment process and design data flows between different portals and Clinical Recruitment Platform (CRP)
• Perform analytics to support business development and contract delivery
• Develop, test, iterate, deploy, and continually innovate and improve current product.
5+ years of professional experience with
• Design and build a framework to orchestrate data pipelines and Machine Learning models
• Translate analytical problems into structured programs (in PySpark or Scala)
• Design data models and solutions for analytical as well as reporting use cases
• Operate in a complex, cross-functional organization or company where your teams need to collaborate and integrate with other business and IT teams
• Tools to automate CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins, GIT, Control-M)
• Frameworks for either Machine Learning or NLP (Scikit-Learn, SpaCy, Pytorch, Spark NLP)
• Designing and implementing scalable, distributed systems leveraging cloud computing technologies like Microsoft Azure
• Data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technology
• "Big data" platforms including Hadoop (preferably Azure or AWS), Snowflake and Spark as well as experience with traditional RDBMS (e.g., Teradata, Oracle)
• "Big data" technologies including Spark, Snowflake, Airflow, Kafka, Hbase, Pig, NoSQL databases, etc
• One of the following programming languages: PySpark, Scala, or Java
• Following scripting languages: shell scripting, SQL (preferably Teradata and PL/SQL syntax)
• Knowledge of Healthcare space and clinical trial space
• Experience in large scale Snowflake or Spark implementation
• B.S. Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Math or related fields.
• MS preferred with coursework focused on advanced algorithms, mathematics in computing, data structures etc.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.