BIG DATA ADMINISTRATOR
ALTA IT Services has a contract to hire opening for a Big Data Administrator to support a Washington DC based health insurance customer. Work is 100% remote during COVID safety measures; with eventual return to onsite assignment in Washington DC - after pandemic conditions have completely resolved
REQUIRED SKILLS: Kafka, Nifi, HBase, Solr
The Big Data Administrator will independently install and maintain Big Data (Cloudera, Horton Works, etc.) clusters in high available, load balanced configuration across multiple (Production, User Acceptance, Development) environments. Under general supervision, they will manage Big Data Administration activities, technical documentation, system performance support, and internal customer support. May provide input into the development of Systems Architecture for mission critical corporate development projects. The incumbent will work with Solutions Architects, Infrastructure Architects, Lead Big Data Administrator, Big Data Supplier and Developers to setup environments and support the development teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- 3-5 years of experience in Cloudera Administration
- Experience installing/Configuring and maintaining Apache Cloudera tools such as: Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, HBase, SOLR and File formats such as: Avro, Parquet.
- Develop the scripts to Monitor the services on top of the Clusters and send out the Alerts if necessary. Working on the user Incidents who have issues with the Cloudera Services and assisting them accordingly.
- Develop Best practices documentation for the Application Developer partners to educate how to use the Cloudera Services.
- Write the shell scripts to monitor the health check of Hadoop daemon services and respond accordingly to any warning or failure conditions.
- Monitor the health of all the services running in the production cluster using the Cloudera Manager.
- Perform/Access databases, Metastore tables and write Hive, Impala queries using HUE.
- Set up the High Availability of the Services such as: Hue, Hive, HBase REST, SOLR and IMPALA on top of the all new clusters that were built on the BDPaas Platform.
- Monitor the health of the Services on top of the all clusters.
- Work closely with different teams such as: Application development team, Security team, Platform Support to identify and implement the Configurational changes that are needed on top of the cluster for better performance of the services.
- Apache Kafka - strong Administration & troubleshooting skills
- Kafka Streams API
- Stream processing with KStreams & Ktables
- Kafka integration with MQ
- Kafka broker management
- Topic management
- Offset management
- Apache Nifi - Administration
- Flow management
- Registry server management
- Controller service management
- Nifi to Kafka integration
- Nifi to Hbase integration
- Nifi to Solr integration
- Flume - integration with Kafka , Nifi & IBM MQ
- Hbase - administration
- Database management
- Solr - administration
- Managing Logging level
- Managing shards
- Managing shard high availability
- Collection management
- Troubleshooting resource intensive & long running Solr queries
HOURLY RATE RANGE: $60/hr. to $65/hr. range. Benefits available for W2. C2C OK but must be willing and eligible to convert to FTE without sponsorship
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via
ALTA IT Services, is an established leader in IT staffing and Services, specializing in Agile Transformation Services, Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, and Data & Advanced Analytics. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.
- provided by Dice