Berkley Technology Services (BTS), a member company of W. R. Berkley Corporation, has facilities located in Des Moines, Iowa and Wilmington, Delaware and global reach into UK/Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific region. BTS provides results-driven software applications, system connectivity, and world-class operational support across the enterprise. Offering an entrepreneurial and innovative culture, we enable team members to be on the cutting edge of technology while delivering high quality solutions.Additionally, we provide a competitive compensation and benefits package including a casual dress code and flexible work arrangements. BTS is constantly growing and expanding to meet the changing demands of one of the most successful insurance organizations in the world. Visit us at to learn more about BTS and the career opportunities we have available!
By joining Berkley Technology Services (BTS) as a Cloud Engineer, youll be an instrumental part of how we incorporate cloud into our infrastructure and help create a go forward cloud strategy . Working in close partnership with our architects and broader engineering and business teams, well look to you to help to shape our approach and plan for the future of our multi-cloud environment. At BTS, you wont be silod. Youll work across platforms and with the business directly, using your keen knowledge of cloud technologies to evaluate optimal solutions to meet business needs across providers, including Azure, AWS and/or Google Cloud. Youll influence what we use and how, thinking not only about what the technologies were utilizing were designed to do, but what they can do to support evolving business needs.
Our preference is for you to be located in our Wilmington, DE office but other BTS locations and/or working remotely can be considered for the right candidate.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with Architecture and Engineering teams to develop, implement, and support scalable solutions that facilitate our cloud transformation
- Directly participate in workload planning and design sessions, implementing multi-cloud solutions to meet business needs across Microsoft Azure, AWS and/or Google Cloud
- Advise business and technical teams on the capabilities of available technologies, developing optimized solutions and leading implementations that directly support our business
- Evaluate and provide direction for microservices, applications, and technologies that should be considered for transition to our cloud environment
- Mentor and cross-train technical staff
- 3+ years of production support and / or systems engineering experience required including experience with Microsoft Azure cloud services required
- Experience with Cloud management and automation tools (e.g Terraform) required
- Experience with, exposure to, and/or interest in AWS and/or Google Cloud is a plus
- Azure certification is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or related discipline or equivalent experience
Additional Company Details: The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. Additional Requirements: COVID-19 vaccine required unless prohibited by law.