Associate/Full Professor- Big Data Analytics and Health Care Management Location:
San Antonio, TXRegular/Temporary:
Full TimeDepartment Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property-for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online , on UTSA Today or on Twitter , Instagram , Facebook , YouTube or LinkedIn .
UTSA is situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice. Responsibilities
As a diverse, Hispanic Serving Institution that has over half of its student population being first generation college students, the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) has embarked on a focused connected hiring plan in the topic area of Improving Health Outcomes for All, with an emphasis on 1) Big Data Analytics and 2) Health Care Management. This connected hiring plan would advance multiple institutional-level priorities in the areas of Health, Big Data Analytics, Disparities, Computation/Informatics, Population/Community, and Improving the Human Condition by complementing and enhancing UTSA's existing strengths in these areas. With a joint appointment as an Assistant Professor or Associate/Full Professor in the Alvarez College of Business (CoB) and the College for Health, Community and Policy (HCaP), the successful candidates must demonstrate (1) a record of high quality research and scholarship, demonstration of a solid research agenda and publications and/or potential to secure external funding, (2) excellence in undergraduate and graduate education and/or demonstration of ability to teach, and (3) a demonstrated commitment to inclusion and diversity. Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's qualifications. Posting End Date
Review of applications begins November 1, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. Required Application Materials
Please submit all documents together in a single PDF in order to be considered . Required Qualifications
- A letter of application;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- A research and teaching statement, which includes discussion on the role diversity and inclusion plays in an academic environment;
- Unofficial transcript of terminal degree;
- Contact information from three professional references. The committee may solicit additional references or other supporting materials.
- DrPH or PhD in Public Health, PhD in Healthcare Management, PhD in Healthcare Analytics and Outcomes, or a Doctorate in Healthcare Administration (DHA), or related field
- Demonstration of ability to teach in the areas related to healthcare administration/management and support a newly developed Master's in Healthcare Administration (MHA) degree
- Outstanding research and teaching records that warrant an appointment at the rank of Associate or Full Professor with tenure (contingent upon Board of Regents approval)
- Demonstration of a nationally recognized research agenda and funding record, where research productivity will determine consideration of rank
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion and diversity to include the ability to work with and be sensitive to the educational needs of diverse urban populations and support the University's commitment to thrive as a Hispanic Serving Institution and a model for student success.
Working Conditions On Campus:
- Expertise in healthcare administration and program management
- Experience with education and research of culturally diverse and underserved populations
- Experience teaching courses in healthcare administration and public health
- Strong record of publications and external funding
- Ability to collaborate with current faculty and form new transdisciplinary teams
Primary work location will be on campus Additional Information
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities.To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency