Aruba - WiFi Engineer
On-site - Phoenix, AZ
MUST have Aruba cert!! This will be an ON-SITE position - Deploy Aruba into this really cool environment!!
Open for W2 OR C2C!! MUST Be able to work ON-SITE in Phoenix!!
• Lead Engineer for design, architecture, and deployment and of Aruba Networks Wi-Fi Products.
• Aruba Network platforms ranging from Aruba Networks Wireless Controllers (WLC), Aruba Networks Airwave (AMP), Aruba Instant Access Points, Aruba Networks Clearpass Policy Manager (CPPM) (Wired/Wireless), /Clearpass Guest (Client), Aruba Airwave Management Platform (AMP), as well as Aruba Mobility Access Switches (MAS)
• Experience with Wi-Fi and integration of venue solutions (e.g., A/V).
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
• Aruba Wi-Fi architecture, design, and deployment in large, complex, high density environments, particular large venues and/or sports and entertainment facilities.
• Consistently demonstrate the value of *** Professional Services by delivering highly professional and successful engagements.
• Review and analyze current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic objectives.
• Identify and propose specific strategies, initiatives and remedies necessary to align technology and infrastructure with client project objectives.
• Translate Client business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements.
• Collaborate with presales engineering on strategic architectural planning to achieve goals by prioritizing initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future state architectures.
You'll need to have:
• BSc or BEng degree in Computer Science or related field or work experience equivalent,
• Ten+ years of experience within wireless network engineering and other data communications fields.
• Expertise in Aruba's 8.X architecture that includes, Mobility Controllers, Mobility Master, Airwave Servers and ClearPass security solution.
• Strong background in Wireless/Mobility/Cellular networks and Networking/Internetworking devices, protocols and operating systems.
• Architecture, design, and development of end to end Wi-Fi Solutions for *** customers (Aruba, Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Extreme Networks).
• Responsible for RF designs, RF propagation modeling, site surveys at enterprise locations with tools such as Ekahau & AirMagnet. Data collection, troubleshooting, interference analysis, and RF optimization
• Professional or higher level industry certifications within the network engineering field such as CCNP (Wi-Fi), JNCIP (any track), CCIE.
• Demonstrated expertise in solution design -ability to lead a design related discussion with leading questions to fully vet a customer's requirements and develop a proposed design fulfilling said requirements, identify potential impacts of a given design recommendation, knowledge of other technologies and their network requirements/impact, ability to produce comprehensive yet understandable technical documentation (design document, diagrams, etc.).
• Demonstrated communication and relational skills - able to form a trusted advisor relationship with a customer, able to listen and guide a technical discussion, able to clearly articulate complex topics.
• Demonstrated expertise in network design -ability to lead a WLAN design-related discussion with leading questions to fully vet a customer's requirements and develop a proposed design fulfilling said requirements, identify potential impacts of a given design recommendation, knowledge of other technologies and their network requirements/impact, ability to produce comprehensive yet understandable technical documentation (design document, diagrams, etc.)
• Demonstrated knowledge of, and interest in, emerging technologies such as IoT, SDN, NFV, 5G, and MEC, with a focus on Enterprise use cases.
• The ability to prepare technical reports, client presentations, design documentation, and manuals.
• A willingness to travel to customer locations and work away from home
• Does not require direct supervision able to take high level direction and proactively move a project or internal initiative from start to finish with minimal assistance.
• Able to perform a wide variety of technical and organizational tasks and may lead or direct the work of others.
• Excellent writing skills and comfortable with presenting before large groups of people
• Proficient in developing documentations of solution/configuration/operations in Visio and MS Office products
• Ability to lead training and education relative to IPv6 technology, concepts and troubleshooting
• Detailed and through, consistent documentation skills for network diagrams, test plans and other related documentation
• Ability to create detailed documentations and test plans
• Ability to work well in a team.
• AirMagnet and./or Ekahau certifications
• HPE Aruba Certs: ACSA, ACMP, ACDX, ACCA, ACCP
• CCNP (Wireless) or CCIE/Wireless (preferred) or
• CWNP or
• CMNA / CMNO
• Aruba ClearPass.
• Aruba Airwave Servers
• CISSP - Engineer or Architect concentration
• Checkpoint, or Juniper, or F5 firewalls or equivalent
- provided by Dice