Description Job Description:
Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning (AI/ML) Senior Developer - Innovation Lab
Leidos is seeking an AI/ML Developer for our Innovation Lab on our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. We are seeking a senior level developer who has the skill, desire and passion to design and develop innovative ideas in the AI/ML domain that will solve our customer's challenges.
Role / Responsibilities:
You will work with program leadership & teams within Leidos and customers to accelerate AI innovation by developing and refining strategy, creating proof-of-concepts to address customer challenges. You will take high level ideas and direction and create functional prototypes to showcase capabilities to our customers in the AI/ML space. You will effectively use your abilities in innovating, software development, AI/ML methodologies, DevOps, security, integration, configuration, analytics, and visualization.
You will be expected to communicate effectively with executive management, demonstrate reference implementations, and provide recommendations based on the findings. In our Innovation Lab, you will adapt to change quickly and use your skills to leverage new technologies, frameworks, and methodologies that show creativity and innovation to complex problems. You will be a part of a team that will require both collaborating within the team and individually responsible for the project. You will share progress updates with management and the team on a timely basis.
- Bachelors' degree or Masters' degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and 12 years of prior relevant experience
- 5+ years of technical expertise within major AI or software-centric programs in industry, academia, or government
Proficiency in DevOps
- Cloud infrastructure: OpenStack, AWS (Amazon Web Services), Azure, Google Cloud
- Virtual Environments: VirtualBox, Vagrant, VMware, Linux on Windows, etc.
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Automation & Configuration: Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef
- Cloud managed services: AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, ElastiCache, etc.
Proficiency in Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning & Modeling
- Domain expertise in Machine Learning Techniques, Artificial intelligence, Process Automation, Robotic Process Automation, Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- CPU/GPU/FPGA-based computation
- Data Science and Data Engineering of Structured and Unstructured data
- Relational and Distributed data models
- Handling Peta-byte scale datasets for model training
- Data Security and Privacy: PHI, HIPAA
- Deep learning tools: Tensorflow, Spark, Theano, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Keras, Nvidia DIGITS
- Experience in modeling techniques: Deep Learning (Convolutional Neural Network, RCNNs, LSTMs), GANs, Autoencoders, Reinforcement Learning, Siamese Networks, Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, Support Vector Machines, Hidden Markov Models, Gaussian Mixture Models, Conditional Random Fields, Latent Dirichlet allocation (LDA)
- Collaboration environments: Jupyter notebooks, PyCharm
Proficiency in Distributed Computing & Databases
- Hadoop: HDFS (Hadoop Distributed File System), Hive, Spark, HBase
- No-SQL data stores for Analytics: Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Neo4j, HBase, Impala, Cassandra, Accumulo
- Predictive modeling: PMML (Predictive Model Markup Language), Tensorflow, Caffe
Proficiency in development methods and techniques
- Agile methodology: Scrum, Kanban, Sprints
- Collaboration tools: Wiki or other
- Version control systems: Git, GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins
Proficiency in technologies and Programming languages
External Referral Bonus:
- Python, R, Scala, C++
- Linux, OS X, and Windows
- Rapid Application Development: Node.js, React, Grails, Angular.js, Flask, etc.
EligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.