My client are an award winning, innovative tech consultancy - a team of problem solvers. For nearly 30 years they've been finding better ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world's leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
They bring together experts from diverse backgrounds and experiences in a collaborative and open culture to deliver outstanding outcomes for their clients, and a stimulating and rewarding environment for their people.
Their clients say that their people are the best they've worked with - not only because of their professional ability, but also their behaviour and attitude. As part of the Software Engineering team, you'll develop all these skills, and hone them delivering real engagements for a variety of clients.
About the Role
They love to experiment with the latest tools, technologies and techniques to improve how they deliver their solutions and they want you to help them build an enterprise mobile platform within the financial services sector that's used by over a million people every day.
They will look to you to possess;
- Proven Android development in a production context.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK.
- Understanding how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Confident working with version control systems (Git).
- Strong appreciation of OO Design Patterns, Unit Testing and TDD practices.
- Understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Experience working within an Agile environment.
- You're an engineer at heart and enjoy the challenge of building complex software solutions.
- You want to work across a range of tech environments. Your priorities will be building new systems and improving stability, security and efficiency.
- You're keen to learn new technologies and languages.
- You're comfortable in a client-facing environment.
- You're comfortable operating in an Agile environment with a good working knowledge in areas such as CI/CD, build pipelines, testing and architecture.
- You have a good understanding of computing fundamentals (eg logic, data structures, algorithms, low-level architecture, networks stack) along with strong software design skills, including OO, and knowledge of version control systems such as Git.
- You love nothing more than grabbing a pen and whiteboarding the next challenge.
This is an urgent requirement, so please apply immediately to be considered. My client will consider candidates with 2+ years commercial experience, from a mid level software engineer to a tech lead level.