Picture yourself in a more impactful IT Cyber Security position with a growing, global manufacturer. Experience the stability of a larger organization with a close-knit environment where your expertise can positively impact in a rapidly growing, international organization.
We are currently hiring an "CYBER SECURITY ANALYST" to join our corporate global headquarters in Amherst, NY.
As the Cyber Security Analyst you will identifies and resolve issues to prevent cyber-attacks on information systems and to keep computer information systems secure from interruption of service, intellectual property theft, network viruses, data mining, financial theft, and theft of sensitive customer data, allowing business to continue as normal. Designs, installs, and manages security mechanisms that protect networks and information systems against hackers, breaches, viruses, and spyware.
* Analyzes data to spot trends and creates tools to support research efforts.
* Mitigates threats by gathering information and developing plans, and monitors networks for security breaches.
* Develops best practices and security standards, and trains users on security protocols.
* Creates and tests disaster recovery procedures to keep IT running in the event of a security breach.
* Responds to incidents, investigates violations, and recommends enhancements to plug potential security gaps
* Utilizes specialized expertise, up-to-date knowledge & proficiency in analysis, forensics, and reverse engineering to monitor and diagnose malware events & vulnerability issues resulting in Web threats that facilitate cybercrime, including malware, phishing, viruses, denial-of-service attacks, information warfare, and hacking.
* Makes recommendations for solutions, including hardware and software programs that can help mitigate risk.
* Designs firewalls, monitors use of data files & regulates access to safeguard information & protect the network.
* Keeps up-to-date on current virus reports and protects networks from these viruses.
* Trains users, promotes security awareness, develops policies and procedures, and provides updates and reports to management and executive staff.
* Bachelors Degree in computer science systems analysis, cybersecurity and application development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies. This can include: encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, IPS, WAF, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail & access-lists.
* Demonstrates a high aptitude for complex problem analysis and resolution.
* Solid understanding of vendor hardware configurations and software concepts both in the current environment and future technologies.
Allied Motion is a global organization designing advanced technologies for the most challenging and innovative markets. The business climate we compete in is constantly evolving and we do not simply navigate through this environment, but we embrace its challenges, and we position ourselves for success. Our people make this possible. No other asset is more important. No other element of our company is more depended upon. Our people, our culture, and our commitment to "changing the game" is how we win. We ensure that the spirit of our organization continues to grow stronger by providing our employees with work-life balance, increasing their earning power, and ensuring their financial stability. Our people have created a culture of mutual respect that is fundamental to Allied Motion, and we want you to be a part of it. We win together - We are One Allied!
Don't let this opportunity pass you by - APPLY TODAY!
To learn more about Allied Motion, visit our website at .
Due to the nature of our business, candidates MUST be US citizens and there is no sponsorship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.