Imagine what you could do here. Transform the way people find their favorite movies and TV shows, watch sports, listen to music, interact with their smart home and much more! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you love taking on challenges that build a positive impact? Are you passionate about empowering many ground-breaking intelligent experiences to be made?
We are looking for a Technical Product/Program Manager who is excited about improving the testing infrastructure, performance and reliability of Siri Assistant. Are you great at launching new processes and procedures, working cross functionally to get multiple partners aligned, and do you enjoy designing solutions to solve problems? If you are passionate about the challenges of improving the performance and reliability of a hyperscale SaaS product by building ground breaking testing automation and data analytics, we would love to hear from you. Come help us solve some difficult problems to deliver wow experiences to billion plus of Apple's customers!
* 8+ years of experience as project management for software development, QE, test automation, perf and reliability
* Thorough understanding of modern QA/QE practices, performance and reliability for hyperscale SaaS products
* Strong analytical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage sophisticated project objectives
* Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
* Proven ability to work effectively with multiple partners across a highly-matrixed, cross-functional organization
* Ability to propose and adapt process to accommodate different management styles and situations
* Nice to have: Unix programming/scripting experience or equivalent
The Siri Performance and Reliability EPM will closely partner with the Siri development team to focus on improving the user experience. You will:
* Work with the QE team to ensure we have the required processes and infrastructure for Siri automated testing - Define the testing needs to measure the performance and reliability metrics during the development process - Define the testing tools and frameworks that enable Siri engineers/teams to more easily test all the various types of performance characteristics of their code. - Expand the test case coverage and a way to map test cases with actual or expected production usage. - Define the requirements and help build a scalable and reliable testing infrastructure that spans across all the Apple platforms which are used to deliver Siri experience - Ensure project dependency management is done the right way and encourage engineering teams to follow API standard methodologies to prevent build dependency issues - Effectively communicate program status to AIML/Siri leadership and cross-functional teams
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD CS/CE/EE or equivalent