Innovation. Sophistication. Optimization. This is our passion.
Worldwide, the Volkswagen Group has a long tradition of dramatic innovations. The Volkswagen Group with its headquarters in Wolfsburg is one of the worlds leading automobile manufacturers and the largest car maker in Europe. The Group comprises of twelve brands from seven European countries: Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Audi, SEAT, KODA, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania and MAN.
Here in the US, we are blending German engineering with American ingenuity. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the Volkswagen Innovation and Engineering Center California (IECC) is becoming the epicenter of vehicle electronics expertise in North America. Comprised of twelve teams, the IECC works with researchers and development teams in the US, Germany and across the globe. Were a team of engineers, designers, scientists, and psychologists looking to develop innovations for future generations of cars, and to transfer technologies from many industries and research institutions into the automotive domain. Our mission is to drive change which means we are not only impacting one of the worlds largest car makers, but also the lives of millions of people. Are you ready to join us? AI Engineer Sr.
This role will be tasked with applying machine learning/deep learning to the automotive industry. Applications could include autonomous driving, manufacturing, material design etc. This is more than a purely academic role you will likely need to integrate the modules you build into real cars and also think about questions around testability and proving safety. Working in our facility requires a high level of independence and an ability to deal with lots of ambiguity. The incumbent will not be given clear cut projects instead this individual and subsequent team will be responsible for coming up with the next big thing that nobody has thought of as yet, building it and selling it.
This position should be held by a Computer Science Engineer, or equivalent, with experience in the development of Software and Software architectures. Role Responsibilites
- Maintains, as well as furthers, enhances existing machine learning modules for autonomous vehicles.
- Designs and implements new machine learning based approaches based on existing frameworks.
- Keeps up to speed with the state of the art of academic research and technology in the industry.
- Coordinates with engineers at the ICC and in Germany on the development of autonomous driving software.
- Transfers technologies and solutions to Volkswagen Group development divisions.
Software Testing and Evaluation
- Integrates new software modules into the autonomous vehicle framework.
- Tests developed modules in the prototype vehicle (unit tests, integration tests, in-vehicle/field tests, etc.).
- Analyzes and evaluates conducted tests.
Process Documentation and Representation
- Develops technical specifications and documentation.
- Represents Volkswagen Group in the technical community, such as at conferences.
Years of Experience
- 7 - 10 years experience.
- 4+ years Machine Learning; 2+ years Deep Learning.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. PhD preferred.
- Background in Deep Neural Network Learning, Computer Vision and Machine Learning .
- Strong programming skills with Python and TensorFlow on desktops, embedded and distributed backends (e.g. AWS), Knowledge of generating features from sensor technology like camera, lidar, radar, GPS/ D-GPS and HD maps .
- Experience with data gathering, data quality, system architecture, coding best practices.
- Take initiative to launch projects with the ability to quickly learn and develop own ideas in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Extracting high level logical structure from low level, multi-dimensional data.
- Experience with CNNs, RNN, LSTMs and the latest research trends.
- Specification/Documentation of interfaces between software modules.
- Significant amount of published research articles.
- Graphical Models
- Object Detection, NLP, Scene Understanding
- Background or strong interest in automotive Engineering
- Experience with C++, CUDA, OpenCV and Matlab
- Big Data and cloud experience strongly preferred
- Experience with cameras, LIDAR, IMU, GPS, other sensing modalities
- Experience in a regulated industry automotive, aeronautics, medical devices etc.
- C++ & GPU Programming
- Passion for cars or physical products
- Travel is estimated to be 5%
Volkswagen Group of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, color, gender identity/expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
#dice - provided by Dice