AI Designer needed for Full Time Opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Tustin, CA or REMOTELY!
Do you sit and watch the patterns of enemies in every game you play? Do you watch the citizens in a town of your favorite RPG go about their daily routines? Do you have the knowledge and design experience to work with a group of multi-disciplined developers to create best in class AI experiences? If so, then we have an amazing opportunity for you.
Our client is searching for their next hyper-creative AI Designer to work on their unannounced, next-gen project. You will collaborate and take direction from the Lead Combat Designer and Game Director to work with a multi-discipline team, designing and implementing exhilarating AI experiences.
Currently, given these unprecedented times, these positions are offered as a virtual/remote workplace.
- Designed, prototyped, and implemented AI characters
- Can break down and explain game mechanics
- Understand the moment-to-moment gameplay loops of first-person shooters and RPGs and what makes those genres fun
- Understand the world development of RPGs and how AI characters help make environments feel alive
location: Tustin, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Collaborate with Design Leads to own and implement the vision for AI
- Design and implement enemy characters, including boss encounters, with unique behaviors
- Design and implement ambient AI characters, including town inhabitants, shop keepers and mission NPCs
- Work closely with animators to implement, tune, and adjust timing of enemy moves/abilities
- Work closely with animators to maintain a cutting-edge level of fidelity with all AI characters
- Collaborate with animation, art, audio, and visual effects to ensure AI behaviors are readable to players
- Work with the Combat Player team to make enemies take advantage of status effects, resistances, damage interactions, and unique enemy reaction states
- Selflessly design experiences with accessibility in mind
- Be an advocate for the player
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- AI Design (1 year of experience is required)
- game development (1 year of experience is required)
- RPG development (1 year of experience is required)
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- provided by Dice